• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What dash cam are you guys using?

greenmonster

Moto(s)
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa
Name
Ed
I’m looking into adding a dash cam for accident recording reasons, no vlogging - but which one?
I don’t want a hardwired setup like an Innov.
Helmet mounted or bike mounted doesn’t make a difference to me unless anyone has a good argument for either.

It’s gotta have decent stabilization and be able to make license plates readable. Battery life is important too.

The Insta 360 has caught my eye. What are guys using?

For my bike I have a DJI Osmo Action 4. Better than a gopro IMO. Great stabilization 4K recording.

Dashcam in my van Wolfbox mirror front and back. The Audi has a Vidure dash cam, looks factory and replaces the plastic by the mirror.

For my bike I have a DJI Osmo Action 4. Better than a gopro IMO. Great stabilization 4K recording.

Dashcam in my van Wolfbox mirror front and back. The Audi has a Vidure dash cam, looks factory and replaces the plastic by the mirror.
Thanks, I should have clarified this will be for my bike only, although I ought to consider one for the car as well.

I had a contour 2 as a helmet cam but in a crash it failed and the video was unusable and the contour was destroyed. I now have a cool-icam which I bought at Radio Shack maybe 9 years ago as a helmet cam. in a crash it failed but was still usable afterwards.
I've come to the conclusion that cameras are sensitive to sudden shocks, so I now mount the cam on the bike.

I run a GoPro Hero 5 session on bikes when I ride. I carry 3 and switch between them on stops. All told they'll get about 7.5h of riding captured. I have considered a dashcam for my commute bike but I made the better choice and gave up commuting. :D

The other thing is adding a camera adds to all the stuff I need to get ready before takeoff - jacket, earplugs, helmet, gloves.
It’s worth it if an accident occurs but jeez

I bought a used DJI Action Cam 1 for $100.

So far so good,...

I have a GP Hero 3 I have been running for years. Only use it for potential accident documentation. My only concern is that I can only find aftermarket batteries for it now since it is so old. Thought about changing to insta 360 but have not made the move yet. I have it mounted above my speedo looking forward. I have it hooked up to motorcycle power, recording on a loop.

I use a helmet mounted insta360. Seems to work pretty well. It’s an improvement over the GoPro I used to use in that the software works and I get support when I have problems. GoPro basically told me to pound-sand anytime I needed support.

I’ll check out the Insta 360. I’m considering mounting the camera on the bike since a few have said their helmet mounted cams failed in a crash

I’m looking into adding a dash cam for accident recording reasons, no vlogging - but which one?
I don’t want a hardwired setup like an Innov.
Helmet mounted or bike mounted doesn’t make a difference to me unless anyone has a good argument for either.

It’s gotta have decent stabilization and be able to make license plates readable. Battery life is important too.

The Insta 360 has caught my eye. What are guys using?

I have a Sena Prism, but it is discontinued.
But I grabbed a couple of unsold Contour 2 cameras off Ebay last year. When the Sena dies, I'll use one of the Contours.

There's a few NON-WIFI Sena cameras on Amazon for 99 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/SENA-PRISM-T...65ba128092b03fefa6e3a6bbe5e7dc28&gad_source=4

Back