• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

WorldSBK 2024 Round 8 Magny-Cours Sept 6-8

Will Toprak's unfucking believable, crazy-ass, mind-blowing winning streak continue?

• Hellz Yeah!!!!!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Naw.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm unwilling to commit to an answer at this time.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Map8

I want nothing
Staff member
Super Moderator
Moto(s)
2012 Street Triple r,
DRZ400SM, KTM 450SMR, YZ250F (still parting out),
Name
Steve

Motul French Round

Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours

_SBKheader_France_24.jpg

I think he is quite unSTOPRAKABLE at this point.

Hope Ger1loff has a good weekend. Mr. Rea needs a good one too.

Toprak was good on his previous rides, but on that BMW he's at least two steps beyond the field.

He had to eat a Bau Bau burger for a couple years so he must be enjoying life on the BMW.

BMW's looking strong. Hope StopRak bounces back.

Go Garrett!!! :flag

WorldSBK medical just declared Toprak unfit for the rest of the weekend. He's sitting this one out.

van der Mark and Gerloff were quick today. Hope they can get good results.

WorldSBK medical just declared Toprak unfit for the rest of the weekend. He's sitting this one out.

van der Mark and Gerloff were quick today. Hope they can get good results.
Bummer... I assume a concussion.

He certainly has a cushion in points and will be using some of that up this weekend.
Bulega looks fast. Hoping the other BMW boys can't take him.

The track medical center said "back contusion" then the hospital diagnosed "mild traumatic pneumothorax."

Since I had no idea what mild traumatic pneumothorax was I looked it up.

1725657623191.png

I finally saw Toprak's crash. That unprotected wall is bad news.

I finally saw Toprak's crash. That unprotected wall is bad news.
Yup... and boy did he get lucky to walk away. Could have been waaaaaaaaaaay worse.
Get some air fence on that shit!!

Big win for MvdM. Bummed for Gerloff but glad he recovered for a decent result and added to BMWs good day. Rea has a fractured thumb and will be evaluated Sunday morning. Conditions were bad enough to postpone the Saturday WSS race until Sunday morning.

I think this is the first time that I've watched a race with more than 20 starters and only 12 finishers. Bummer for Alex Lowes that his fairing started falling off. He would have scored some points after his crash. How many of the 12 finishers had dumped their bikes then picked them up and continued?

Somewhat surprised it looked like no improvement to the barrier that Toprak contacted. He looked very uncomfortable in parc ferme, definitely no hugging the winner.

Back