• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Nation-wide climate strike by students

Yep. Can't tell me it doesn't work. Look at the boost of donations from pink ribbon breast cancer stuff every year. I don't know why people dismiss basic marketing techniques. They work. Here's a challenge, pick anything you think in your mind, then work hard at conveying it to as wide of an audience as possible. If you can get your fifteen minutes on national television, you have *accomplished* something a shit ton of people never will, but don't worry, there will be a line of folks waiting to tell you that you're nothing.
 
Last edited:
So three people can be talkin about car engines for example, and one of them immediately starts talking about how much he likes bananas, that's not diverting the conversation?

I’m not falling for the banana in the tailpipe again. :x
 
.

Life imitates art.
 

Attachments

  • Simpsons climate.jpg
    Simpsons climate.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I buy carbon fiber material and throw it straight into the trash. I figure that offsets my carbon footprint.
 
Just so I get it straight, if someone disagrees with your or Kevo's assessment they are insecure?

I think it's based more on your tactic of attacking the messenger, rather than the issue at hand.

Would it make it better if I put my name on her speech? I'm over 40. That makes me qualified right?
 
I think it's based more on your tactic of attacking the messenger, rather than the issue at hand.

Would it make it better if I put my name on her speech? I'm over 40. That makes me qualified right?

I never said anything about the speech, but CoorsLight and Kevo choose to call people insecure when they voice a contrary opinion.
 
I thought these dipshits were storming area 51 today

You would have loved the couple with the unicorn and dolpin models on new montgomery at aboit noon. They posted their three small children on these models in the middle of the street attempting to block traffic. Real genius parenting there.

Same groups of dipshits at all these "protests", save for the kids just going out as an excuse to skip school on a friday.

I never said anything about the speech, but CoorsLight and Kevo choose to call people insecure when they voice a contrary opinion.


Nope, you are correct. You dismissed the entire group as dipshits. And your entire premise is based on insecurity. If you are not insecure about the issue, why the defensiveness and anger? I mean, I sit here and watch people protest against abortion all the time. I try and discuss rationally things with a very-pro Trump supporter. She has her beliefs and I have mine. I don't sit there and call her a dipshit because she believes in something I find ridiculous. You know why? Because I am not an insecure little man.
 
I found this article disturbing, it appears there are many young females becoming "climate activists" and being attacked, threatened and trolled by people that disagree with them.

“The ugly truth is that these girls are subject to the deepest darkest evil side of social media on a daily basis,” Bethany Edwards, mom of 8-year-old climate activist Havana Chapman-Edwards, told BuzzFeed News in an email. Havana, who is black, has gotten racist messages, death threats, and was contacted by one man who the family later discovered was a registered sex offender.

Climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe of Texas Tech University said she adds someone to her Twitter block list “on average at least once a day, if not more.” For Hayhoe, as the voices of the climate teens grow louder, there is increasingly a target pointed squarely on their backs.

“They will attack anyone who is perceived as being effective,” she said. “The more effective we are, the greater the attacks.”


the most disturbing part for me is it appears the people attacking them are mostly male if not all male



“The one good thing about the group of young girls is that their relationships have bonded us as parents to relentlessly protecting our girls together,” Bethany said in an email. “We have to stick together because more than likely, the same men are in their DMs as well.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zahrahirji/greta-thunberg-climate-teen-activist-harassment
 
Nope, you are correct. You dismissed the entire group as dipshits. And your entire premise is based on insecurity. If you are not insecure about the issue, why the defensiveness and anger? I mean, I sit here and watch people protest against abortion all the time. I try and discuss rationally things with a very-pro Trump supporter. She has her beliefs and I have mine. I don't sit there and call her a dipshit because she believes in something I find ridiculous. You know why? Because I am not an insecure little man.

Again, your leaps of logic relative to my motivation and feelings are purely based on your own speculation. You find what I said about the protesters distasteful and issue a backhanded insult. Doesn't hurt my feelings any, but exposes you for the person you are not me.
 
To be fair, dipshit is a pretty direct insult...or did you mean it as something else?
 
To be fair, dipshit is a pretty direct insult...or did you mean it as something else?

Dipshit was direct insult to the diphits i observed several days ago. You'll notice I have not personalized the insult relative to any particular poster or their opinions with respect to the topic of the protests.
 
Dipshit was direct insult to the diphits i observed several days ago. You'll notice I have not personalized the insult relative to any particular poster or their opinions with respect to the topic of the protests.

Agreed, but that's not the accusation. You're completely dismissing the entire protest by labeling those you see (or hear/read about) as dipshits.
Dipshits for having their kids out of school, dipshits for doing things you wouldn't do, etc.

Dipshit is 100% an insult and you meant it as such... I'm not sure why you reacted to BL as if he pulled it out of his ass. :dunno
 
Again, your leaps of logic relative to my motivation and feelings are purely based on your own speculation. You find what I said about the protesters distasteful and issue a backhanded insult. Doesn't hurt my feelings any, but exposes you for the person you are not me.

Ok. feel free to explain what you meant by dipshit in regards to them and how you feel regarding the climate activists in general. Then I will feel free to regard you in the same way.
 
Agreed, but that's not the accusation. You're completely dismissing the entire protest by labeling those you see (or hear/read about) as dipshits.
Dipshits for having their kids out of school, dipshits for doing things you wouldn't do, etc.

Dipshit is 100% an insult and you meant it as such... I'm not sure why you reacted to BL as if he pulled it out of his ass. :dunno

I called the people I saw dipshits for exactly what I observed them doing.

He did pull it directly out of his ass to provide himself a basis to try and insult me. He attempts to insult me by speculating regarding my feelings and beliefs.

I do admit I was guessing regarding the motivations of some of the kids I saw, for which my 14yo chastised me for already, so there.
 
Back
Top