• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Nation-wide climate strike by students

Well don't keep us in suspense who is that politician which scientists he got all the info from, and what does he has to say.

If you can’t figure it out, I wouldn’t want to confuse you more than you already are.:thumbup
 
If you can’t figure it out, I wouldn’t want to confuse you more than you already are.:thumbup

Ah the "If you can't figure out my vague ramblings you are the stupid one." Excuse. :rofl
 
Last edited:
Ah the "If you can't figure out my vague ramblings you are the stupid one." Excuse. :rofl

Ahh, the ole “I can’t read plain English and even if I could, I have no point to make after quoting someone, so I’ll just act smug instead and try to play it off”.
 
Kinda weird that a thread about a student school strike/walk-out over climate change concerns, would cause so much anger/hostility among adults participating in the thread.
 
Kinda weird that a thread about a student school strike/walk-out over climate change concerns, would cause so much anger/hostility among adults participating in the thread.

what did you expect from over the hill boomers?

OMG we fucked over the young ones, I'll stop driving to walmart for cheap Chinese shit.
 
...

OMG we fucked over the young ones, I'll stop driving to walmart for cheap Chinese shit.

Not to brag, but I bought a 3 dollar bottle of wine at Walmart for one frickin dollar a couple days ago! True story, and a compelling counterpoint to those questioning the benefits of civilization!
 
Recap:
Don't listen to Politicians who won Nobel Prizes for Climate activism, who got all their info from "scientists" and made huge movies on the topic.

Instead, listen to "scientists" and an angry 16 year girl, whose opinions are really those of her activist parents.

And, if this doesn't make sense, it's because yer stoopid.

Ahh, the ole “I can’t read plain English and even if I could, I have no point to make after quoting someone, so I’ll just act smug instead and try to play it off”.

What can't I read? Your strawman about some politicians (plural) that made some movies (plural) and got all their information from the scientists and that we listen to a girl "instead" of aforementioned politicians?

Which politicians? Who the fuck knows. Which movies? Who the fuck knows. Which scientists? Who the fuck knows.

Could it be Al Gore as Blankpage suggested? Well you used plural for politicians. Also he preaches same thing as that girl, as far as I know. Yet in your post you said that we don't listen to politicians and instead we listen to girl. Which means they say different thing. So can't be him.

Which point would you like me to make about some vague strawman? You have posted jack shit, and then got all but hurt when asked about it, and jumped directly to insulting me.

Smug? Shit this is what I posted, and what set you off:

Well don't keep us in suspense who is that politician which scientists he got all the info from, and what does he has to say.

or maybe this?

Well I guess now we have to wait breathlessly in the hopes of him gracing us again with his presence to clarify his "cryptic" message. :laughing


Holy fuck. :facepalm

I think you are projecting there dude.
 
Last edited:
Scientist is in quotes in both paragraphs, so assume that the post is dismissing pro climate change views, by linking them to corrupt politicians, uppity kids, and activist "scientists" with political agendas.
 
Scientist is in quotes in both paragraphs, so assume that the post is dismissing pro climate change views, by linking them to corrupt politicians, uppity kids, and activist "scientists" with political agendas.

I think you are right in overall assessment about it being dismissive about pro climate change, but then he also used instead in second paragraph. Ah fuck it. Just another poorly worded talking points regurgitation.
 
Ahh, the ole “I can’t read plain English and even if I could, I have no point to make after quoting someone, so I’ll just act smug instead and try to play it off”.

To be fair the Englass may have been pain but under cross examination that post would not stand up in court.
 
Did you have a point or are you disputing any of the information being provided by any of these people (kids, scientists, politicians), or are you just trying to be a contrarian?

Because right now, all I can see that you said is that we shouldn't listen to the scientists, or the politicians, or the kids. Who should we listen to? You?

Again, do you have something to say or are you just dismissing people because you don't agree (without saying why or pointing to any alternative evidence).
 
Removed for political content.

Come down and breath. :laughing
Maybe don't use a plural when discussing one person, and don't get all but hurt when comments are made in levity. Just a suggestion next time you post some generic rambling. :thumbup
 
Last edited:
Come down and breath. :laughing
Maybe don't use a plural when discussing one person, and don't get all but hurt when comments are made in levity. Just a suggestion next time you post some generic rambling. :thumbup

On an unrelated note, it is now appropriate to use the plural when discussing the singular so as not to offend anyone with a non-binary gender thing.

I was reading an article about a husband and wife that are in disagreement over whether their three year old is transgendered or not. The article kept referring to the child as them and their, instead of him/her. And while I applaud that, it certainly is confusing to some of us. I had no idea who the article was talking about half the time.
 
On an unrelated note, it is now appropriate to use the plural when discussing the singular so as not to offend anyone with a non-binary gender thing.

I was reading an article about a husband and wife that are in disagreement over whether their three year old is transgendered or not. The article kept referring to the child as them and their, instead of him/her. And while I applaud that, it certainly is confusing to some of us. I had no idea who the article was talking about half the time.

Ah well maybe that is what Brown was doing. Didn't realize he was so on cutting edge of usage of plural for non-binary gender. :laughing
 
Did you have a point or are you disputing any of the information being provided by any of these people (kids, scientists, politicians), or are you just trying to be a contrarian?

Because right now, all I can see that you said is that we shouldn't listen to the scientists, or the politicians, or the kids. Who should we listen to? You?

Again, do you have something to say or are you just dismissing people because you don't agree (without saying why or pointing to any alternative evidence).

I made a clear point in the first post. You just failed to understand it.



:thumbup
 
Come down and breath. :laughing
Maybe don't use a plural when discussing one person, and don't get all but hurt when comments are made in levity. Just a suggestion next time you post some generic rambling. :thumbup


I love this look.
It says everything about you, and nothing about me. :thumbup
 
Recap:
Don't listen to Politicians who won Nobel Prizes for Climate activism, who got all their info from "scientists" and made huge movies on the topic.

Instead, listen to "scientists" and an angry 16 year girl, whose opinions are really those of her activist parents.

And, if this doesn't make sense, it's because yer stoopid.

I made a clear point in the first post. You just failed to understand it.



:thumbup


You mean this one? As i asked, what was your point? Because all it says "don't listen to people." Which then makes me ask "Why should I listen to you?"

Yet here I am asking if you actually have something to add because I am willing to listen. But if all you are going to do is say "I had a point in my first point, you just failed to understand it."

That is lazy and disrespectful. The least you could do is actually have an argument or something to say. Otherwise it's just "neener neener." So I ask again, what was your point?
 
Back
Top