• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

NEW: RoadRider 2.0 - Advanced Street Challenge Level 2 Coming Up!

Z²RoadRider

Let's Ride!
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Moto(s)
Yamaha
šŸļø RoadRider 2.0 Advanced Street Challenge 2 — Sonoma, October 5

šŸ“… October 5, 2026 • Sonoma Raceway
šŸ‘„ Small Groups • Dedicated Instructors • Real-World Skills
šŸŽŸļø Registration Open • Limited Spots • Sign up today: Look for RoadRider 2.0

Are you looking to work on your riding skills, or know someone who is?

Maybe you’ve been riding for a while and want to improve your technique and confidence, but you’re not quite ready to make the jump to a traditional track day. That’s exactly where RoadRider 2.0 Advanced Street Challenge 2 comes in.

ASC 2 focuses on practical, real-world riding skills with a curated curriculum, small groups, and dedicated instructors who can spend time actually working with you—not just sending you out to figure things out on your own.

The goal is simple: help you become a smoother, more confident, and safer rider while giving you skills you can take right back to the street.

And yes, we’ll be at Sonoma Raceway—but this isn’t a traditional track day. It’s a controlled environment where you can focus on learning and developing your riding without traffic, intersections, or the other distractions you deal with on the street.

If you’ve been thinking, ā€œI want to get better, but I’m not sure I’m ready for the track,ā€ this is a great next step.

šŸļø Build skills. Ride with confidence.

October 5 at Sonoma Raceway. Spots are limited, so sign up while there’s still room.

RR 2.0 Oct 5.png
 
I am contemplating Lee Park's Total Control clinic and this sounds comparable. In ideal world, I would do both but with time and money being the obvious constraints - how does this compare with Total Control?
 
I am contemplating Lee Park's Total Control clinic and this sounds comparable. In ideal world, I would do both but with time and money being the obvious constraints - how does this compare with Total Control?

I've taught MSF & TCT classes with some of the Z^2 instructors years ago. They are good. Most of the intermediate & advanced classes teach the same things, just do it a little differently.
TCT has an intermediate, ARC1, ARC2, & Track ARC clinics. You will spent 5-6 days to get thru all of those classes.
Z^2 seems to reduce most of that to 2 days at the track.

Are you a quick learner? Do you need more practice time & feedback? Pick the one that fits your needs best.

Good luck!

Catfish ...
 
@Vysci this is the course I mentioned in your welcome thread. :)
 
This is an awesome learning tool. Novice? Not after this.
 
Do you suggest doing the road rider 2.0 or like novice school? Have only 1.1k miles under my wheels.
It’s emergency braking drills and other things that will serve you very well. Better to develop correct muscle memory now.

fwiw I have zero affiliation with Z2 and I’m offering my experience from taking the class peer to peer.
 
It’s emergency braking drills and other things that will serve you very well. Better to develop correct muscle memory now.

fwiw I have zero affiliation with Z2 and I’m offering my experience from taking the class peer to peer.
Got it. Wasn’t sure just because it said ā€œfor experienced riders looking for moreā€. Will sign up
 
Got it. Wasn’t sure just because it said ā€œfor experienced riders looking for moreā€. Will sign up
Shoot. I was thinking of the 1.0! I just went and reread the descriptions. roadrider1 is the one for you. My apologies. https://z2trackdays.com/rr20/
 
Got it. Wasn’t sure just because it said ā€œfor experienced riders looking for moreā€. Will sign up
@Vysci Because our curriculum has a high instructor : student ratio and with the enormous amount of 1:1 coaching, the RoadRider 2.0 - Advanced Street Challenge Level 2 class is very dynamic. It allows us to easily coach relatively newer riders all the way up to advanced riders and racers. Check out our curriculum at https://z2trackdays.com/rr20/ and let me know if you have any questions.

Advanced Street Challenge - Level 2
  • Advanced vision skills
  • Body position
  • Advanced trail braking
  • Cornering:
    • Increasing entry speeds
    • Increasing lean angle
    • Precise use of controls at high lean angles
  • Tight/technical turns
  • Slow speed balance
  • Strategies for blind corners
  • Gymkhana: precise and controlled technical riding
  • Practice riding on a closed course race track for 2 sessions taking advantage of all the ā€œbuilt-in forgivenessā€ that a world class facility has to offer
 
Looking at the curriculum it’s all incredibly useful but I think I would get a lot more out of it if I take ASC1 one first as those are the fundamentals that it seems ASC2 expands on. Which do you guys plan to announce more days for ASC1 for this year?
 
Looking at the curriculum it’s all incredibly useful but I think I would get a lot more out of it if I take ASC1 one first as those are the fundamentals that it seems ASC2 expands on. Which do you guys plan to announce more days for ASC1 for this year?
The next class is the last for 2026 and we'll be announcing the 2027 schedule usually around December.
You could look at sign-ing up for a C-VIP spot at our Oct 24 track day at Thunderhill East. C-VIP is for C-group / Novice School riders that want to participate in an intensive instruction curriculum where we take the heavy hitting concepts of RoadRider 2.0 and mix them with everything you'd want to know to have an extremely successful skills building track day while avoiding the typical mistakes. The concepts taught definitely apply to street riding, with some track only oriented techniques mixed in as well.

More info about it here (scroll down to C-VIP): https://z2trackdays.com/z2_event/10242026/

Ride in Novice (C Group) like a VIP!
This is a premium service we're offering in 2026. Enjoy these benefits: - A virtual riders meeting (Zoom) on the Thursday evening prior to the event - Reserved pit space under the canopy near the Z2 Instructor area - Deeper and more personalized training sessions with exclusive 1:1 instruction - Intensified curriculum focused on skills and strategies proven to help accelerate you toward your track day goals - Guidance for avoiding the typical track day frustrations and failures and learning how to build an enjoyable and productive riding experience. SPACES ARE LIMITED!
Email us with any questions: service@z2trackdays.com
 
Back
Top