• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Corvette show in Los Altos

So many Boomer boards will be on display. Not sure this owner should be proud of that shitty 4-speed auto. What are these "Custom Touches Throughout" really mean? Rearview mirror tassel?

Custom-Car-Show-Boards-Car-Show-Boards-6176.jpeg
 
There are like a billion 4L60E transmissions in the world lol
 
had I only known... I still would already been too busy. 50th HS Reunion tonight. 4-8 pm. Senior citizens.

Not mine, actually. I have some old friends to hook up with...
But hey, we wil take Bud, as we have named our 'Vette.
 
I had a friend who had a 1968 427 ‘Vette. It came directly from Chevy’s Corvette R&D department. It was an experimental car. Besides having aluminum heads, it had an aluminum block, aluminum transmission housing, aluminum final drive housing, and an all aluminum chassis. Unfortunately he sold it to some kid who ended up wrapping it around a tree and killing himself. I cant imagine what that car would be worth today.
 
Also, I had a neighbor who bought a new 1963 split window. A few years later, us neighbor kids didn’t see his Vette for a couple months and then one Saturday, as us kids were playing outside, we heard the very deep idle of a powerful engine and our neighbor drove onto our street. He had the original 327 pulled and he had a custom built 427 installed that made over 500 HP on a dyno. It was an awesome car. Especially since it was still the late 60’s.

His son got the 327 and he put it in his ‘55 Chevy hot rod.
 
Last edited:
That is what my Nissan Murano makes from it’s V6.
 
I dunno, to me when the Z06 with 505 HP came out about 20 years ago anything less than that was weak.
345 horsepower is more than the vast majority of cars on the road have. Hell my A5 has about 260 horsepower and it's enough to get you into, or out of, trouble (we won't mention the DSG that takes 3-5 business days to downshift when you're trying to gun it :rofl).
 
Back
Top