• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Removing Dog Poop from Artificial Turf?

lefty

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 24, 2002
Location
Menlo Park, CA USA
Moto(s)
'05 ZRX1200
Name
Ed
So, I had my front lawn replaced with Artificial Turf (the type that is rated for pets) and I love everything about it, except for the fact that when I pick up the dog crap, a small amount stays stuck on the turf. I've tried spraying with a garden hose, I have tried using a Simple Green Enzyme removal product. Some friends told me to use a pressure washer, but I saw online that a pressure washer will damage the turf????? I just purchased a stiff bristle broom to see if that will work. Do any of you folks have any ideas?
 
Poop freeze
I don't know how well it works as I've never used it on poop. I used to use a freeze spray for troubleshooting electronics and thought the price per can was stupid so I found this stuff.
 
I use Nature's Miracle spray when the dogs poop inside on the carpet. It seems to work well. Just need to let it sit a little bit. Combine it with the broom and it might work out.
 
Pressure wash that shit.
As a bonus, perhaps spin him around and give him a little "4-stroke bidet" action for that loving European touch.
 
This problem kinda negates any benefits of an artificial lawn.
 
It’s labor-intensive, but what you need to do is take a low power sprayer with nature’s miracle granules dissolved in it. Lukewarm water in the quart sprayer pump it up get out your shop vac and spray on one side and vacuum up on the other.

This was the process I used for copious amounts of dog diarrhea, and vomit on a carpet inside a house and it was like it never happened

The problem with artificial turf is that basically you laid a big green carpet in your yard. The small weep holes that are punched in it for drainage. Do not allow passage for anything but water. And since it is somewhat of a vapor barrier, it is hard for bacteria to digest shit products that do make it through those weep holes.

I really feel for dog owners with artificial turf. It seems like a clean solution, but grass and dirt can eat a lot of shit. I lived on a 2 acre property in Sonoma County where the owner never cleaned up after his two dogs and they always shit around the periphery or where it wasn’t obvious and it never smelled like shit unless you happen to walk by a fresh pile. During the summer, there was a lot of petrified shit if you were looking for it.

Man, I am so glad not to have dogs anymore. But I’m glad some people do and still enjoy the massive hassle, cleanup, vet, bills, and liability. Lol
 
If it’s your dog, you can train them to do their business in one, designated area.
 
You might also try some of those products designed to repel dogs.
 
Thank you guys for all of the advise. I was talking with a neighbor, who also has a fake grass. He told me about the stuff you buy at the auto parts store; "Bug and Tar Remover". He said to apply that and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then just rise it off wit a garden hose. I have ordered some of that and I will give it a try.

Oh, yesterday, I sprayed it with the Simple Green enzyme cleaner then used a stiff bristle brush, It worked great, except for the fact that when using the brush, the crap was spraying back toward me!!!!!
 
Problem solved
1000031149.gif
 
I don't want something in my house that can kill me while I sleep at the flip of a switch
 
Back
Top