• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Gas Prices

Yeahhhh was supposed to be $20k and now it's $25k because the credit is gone. We were told that manufacturers would choose to absorb extra costs instead of passing them onto the consumer, but it's almost like saying that was......fucking retarded. Almost....
I am not mad at this thing so far.
 
I am not mad at this thing so far.
Well....secretly....between you and I....I'm not either. Secretly....I love the idea of ten dollar gas and beyond, well beyond. It will cause us to eat ourselves and this would please me. For now though, I will play my mass-aligned role of outrage.
 
Well....secretly....between you and I....I'm not either. Secretly....I love the idea of ten dollar gas and beyond, well beyond. It will cause us to eat ourselves and this would please me. For now though, I will play my mass-aligned role of outrage.
I mean, not likely, not really, but it will hurt inflation. Horse farmers got fucked up when ICE took over, but the world trundled on. EV's will be the standard in another 25 years and ICE will be for weirdos into collectibles that are down to pay the $30 a gallon, but for the next decade or so, we really haven't figured out jet fuel, and that is a problem.

I priced out one of those things and have it kitted up like a real car and not a stripped EV lego toy. It was more like $35k, but that is pretty competitive with all the other new cars on the block, so it seems to fit right in if they are built worth a damn.
 
I mean, not likely, not really, but it will hurt inflation. Horse farmers got fucked up when ICE took over, but the world trundled on. EV's will be the standard in another 25 years and ICE will be for weirdos into collectibles that are down to pay the $30 a gallon, but for the next decade or so, we really haven't figured out jet fuel, and that is a problem.

I priced out one of those things and have it kitted up like a real car and not a stripped EV lego toy. It was more like $35k, but that is pretty competitive with all the other new cars on the block, so it seems to fit right in if they are built worth a damn.
And that's fine for the long run, but what you're talking about is incredibly incremental. Electric cars have been around for nearly 200 years. Aside from the handful of failed attempts prior to tesla, nothing stuck. And since tesla, EV's made up something like 5-7% of all new cars sold before the credits in 2022, and now they're back to the same after the credits expired. One thing I've noticed after living for a while is, absolutely nothing happens anywhere near as fast as anyone thinks it's going to. Nowhere near. No. Where. If ever.

Anyway, our current issues could have been very easily avoided.....veeeeeery easily, and it's not incremental at all. Zero percent of this is incremental decay of a waning tech, whereas farmers/ICE was exactly that. Gas is nearly 2x in a very short period due to the whimsical ego of one person doing something that nobody wants. That's an aspect which puts a little fire in people's bellies. When the folks with nothing to lose can no longer feed themselves, they will turn to crime and take from the people that can feed themselves. Mmmmm completely unnecessary and easily avoidable class warfare is deliciously awesome. Maybe we'll find out just how tough those hairgel bmw mma guys are.

Also, the base BYD Seagull is $8k. It's 75hp and maxes out at 80mph. Range is 190mi. Those modern versions of the 1979 civic are exactly what we should be mass producing, but culturally, americans are more of a thick forehead hummer type of people.
 
Here in CA, I think it is 10% ethanol in all grades (except for the E-85 stuff, which has 15%). I should have mentioned that.

In some states (including NV), you may buy "clear" gasoline that contains no alcohol. It costs more, of course. Only at some gas stations, but that includes the one that is closest to my Reno house.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I learned my lesson early and only use non-ethanol in my small engine stuff like weedeaters and they like had to replace too many carbs before I learned it though. Now they all last forever.
 
And that's fine for the long run, but what you're talking about is incredibly incremental. Electric cars have been around for nearly 200 years. Aside from the handful of failed attempts prior to tesla, nothing stuck. And since tesla, EV's made up something like 5-7% of all new cars sold before the credits in 2022, and now they're back to the same after the credits expired. One thing I've noticed after living for a while is, absolutely nothing happens anywhere near as fast as anyone thinks it's going to. Nowhere near. No. Where. If ever.

Anyway, our current issues could have been very easily avoided.....veeeeeery easily, and it's not incremental at all. Zero percent of this is incremental decay of a waning tech, whereas farmers/ICE was exactly that. Gas is nearly 2x in a very short period due to the whimsical ego of one person doing something that nobody wants. That's an aspect which puts a little fire in people's bellies. When the folks with nothing to lose can no longer feed themselves, they will turn to crime and take from the people that can feed themselves. Mmmmm completely unnecessary and easily avoidable class warfare is deliciously awesome. Maybe we'll find out just how tough those hairgel bmw mma guys are.

Also, the base BYD Seagull is $8k. It's 75hp and maxes out at 80mph. Range is 190mi. Those modern versions of the 1979 civic are exactly what we should be mass producing, but culturally, americans are more of a thick forehead hummer type of people.
It seems like one of the fastest way to get everyone to switch to more fuel efficient cars is to manufacture a war and oil crisis 😅.

I don’t think there’s much incentive for US entities to sell cheap cars. Much of the economy seems to be going the same way - better to sell 1 expensive product at 10x the profit margin than 3 cheap products. China will eventually sell us some cars, especially since they own much of the battery tech. But that comes with other problems. And who knows if they’ll be cheap with the trade war bullshit.
 
Right, and at the same time remove incentives for EVs and remove higher fuel efficiency standards so manufacturers can ignore making more efficient cars and sell more brodozers and mega suvs

I will conjure this incredible prediction from my crystal ball:
Several more quarters of record profits for oil companies!!!
Great ROI on their bribes
 
Also, the base BYD Seagull is $8k. It's 75hp and maxes out at 80mph. Range is 190mi. Those modern versions of the 1979 civic are exactly what we should be mass producing, but culturally, americans are more of a thick forehead hummer type of people.
That level of cheap, reliable transportation is desperately needed in America. I would buy a vehicle that fits that description.
 
Back
Top