• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

RZ350 re-frame... classic 2-stroke gets modern upgrade

I just saw a teaser pic on the RZ fb page. I'll not disrespect Julian by posting it here without his permission but my goodness does it look nice.

I have pics and video of something very special but on hold till the One Show starts.:party

When I saw the pic on fb I immediately started taking a look at my bank account. :laughing

Without posting a bunch of words, here's a photo dump. I'll post more descriptions and updates in a few days. For now, I think this is what everyone has been waiting for. The only thing I'll explain that might not be obvious are my tire wraps. I'm very picky about clean tires, so I wrap my tires when transporting to and from shows. It makes for one less thing to clean.

20230501_172635 by andbike, on Flickr

20230501_172502 by andbike, on Flickr

20230501_172447 by andbike, on Flickr

20230501_172438 by andbike, on Flickr

20230501_172643 by andbike, on Flickr

20230501_172659 by andbike, on Flickr

20230428_095521 by andbike, on Flickr

20230428_095510 by andbike, on Flickr

20230428_095444 by andbike, on Flickr

20230428_095155 by andbike, on Flickr

20230428_095049 by andbike, on Flickr

20230428_095036 by andbike, on Flickr

20230428_094825 by andbike, on Flickr

JTF cropped by andbike, on Flickr

I have pics and video of something very special but on hold till the One Show starts.:party

Feel free to post now:thumbup

I just saw a teaser pic on the RZ fb page. I'll not disrespect Julian by posting it here without his permission but my goodness does it look nice.

Much appreciated:thumbup

When I saw the pic on fb I immediately started taking a look at my bank account. :laughing

Happy to discuss "creative financing" :laughing

Without posting a bunch of words, here's a photo dump. I'll post more descriptions and updates in a few days. For now, I think this is what everyone has been waiting for. The only thing I'll explain that might not be obvious are my tire wraps. I'm very picky about clean tires, so I wrap my tires when transporting to and from shows. It makes for one less thing to clean.

Just have to say how much I admire your work and enjoy looking at it. Wish I had 1/2 your skills. :thumbup

Last edited:
As I said in the photo thread "yellow and black gold right there". Unbelievable. You knocked it out of the park with the paint scheme. The yellow Frame Maker frame pops as it should. Way to go Julian. :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

I was lucky enough to see Frame Maker's bike at the show in Portland last weekend. I just don't have the words to express what an impression his work made on me. Its a real work of moto art, craftsmanship and function. Judging by the conversations I overheard from other attendees, everyone was knocked out by this build.

Jaw-droppingly cool - congratulations on an amazing looking machine. Can't wait to hear the first ride review!

Well, here is a ride review on the prototype and a summary of the evolution of the new "creation". I'm not sure if the builder is going to allow me to ride the 2023 version. Or if he'll let me even touch it. :laughing

[YOUTUBE]0FU8ElMuPrM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the encouraging feedback. Much appreciated:thumbup

And big props to Ken, are you sure your last name isn't Burns, for the awesome video!:party

Thank you for inviting us on the journey. Start to orgasmic Bike Art all right here on the pages of BARF!

Saw that yesterday morning. It's a really nice write up with some great history on BARF's own Frame Maker dude. :thumbup

Its been a few months since my last post, so here's an update on whats happened...

In my hurry to get the bike ready for The One Show a few mistakes were made... There were no steering stops added to the frame. The electrical tray was mounted to the lower frame tubes with very little clearance above the engine making it extremely difficult to access the spark plugs and other components above the engine. The power valve motor was mounted too close to the cross tube making it difficult the tighten the fasteners. And biggest mistake of all, the powder coat color didn't match the paint. In photos the yellows are a good match, but in person they didn't match too well.

So I've added steering stops. Relocated the electrics higher. And re-mounter the power valve motor. Of course this required re doing the powder coating. Luckily the very nice folks at Maas Brothers took sympathy and gave my a bro deal on the re do!

I was able to get everything back together just in time for the 2-Stroke Extravaganza (see KPKEs post for full event coverage)... and all was good in the universe once again!

20230813_184726 by andbike, on Flickr

20230813_184712 by andbike, on Flickr

20230813_192851 by andbike, on Flickr

20230813_192901 by andbike, on Flickr

20230820_165323 by andbike, on Flickr

20230820_165328 by andbike, on Flickr

20230820_165340 by andbike, on Flickr

20230820_165335 by andbike, on Flickr

22-stroke extravaganza 2 by andbike, on Flickr

2-stroke extravaganza 1 by andbike, on Flickr

Next up is to add the wire harness and get it running... but for now I'm being distracted by other projects... and so it goes!

Back