I want nothing
Moto(s)
2012 Street Triple r,
DRZ400SM, KTM 450SMR, YZ250F (still parting out),
Name
Steve
One Silly Season thread for MotoGP, WSBK, and MotoAmerica

Lets kick it off with some unlikely MotoGP News:

Fabio Quartararo signed for two more years with Yamaha. I don't how or why this could have happened. But it did.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/04/05/quartararo-extends-yamaha-contract-until-2026/494140

June 18 update

DUCATI
Ducati Lenovo Factory team

Pecco Bagnaia
Marc Marquez

VR46
-

-

Gresini
- Alex Marquez
-

Fermin Aldeguer (Riding for Ducati, team undetermined)

KTM
Red Bull KTM Factory

Pedro Acosta
Brad Binder

Tech3 KTM
Maverick Viñales
Enea Bastianini

APRILIA
Factory Aprilia Racing
Jorge Martín
Marco Bezzecchi

Trackouse Aprilia
-
-

YAMAHA
Monster Energy Factory Yamaha
Fabio Quartararo
-

HONDA
HRC
Luca Marini
Joan Mir (still waiting official announcement)

LCR Honda
Johan Zarco
-

Pramac Racing
(make of bike and rider line-up tbd)

Last edited:
That is a surprise. I am happy that Fabio will stick with blue. They must have some magic in the works and paid the young man well.

Dollars over wins? I’m a Fab-Boi and surprised. He may be the best rider on Japanese machinery which isn’t saying much these Ducati days.

Well.. 12M euros a year is good bank!!

Also.. Pramac to BLUE ???

Good for Mir... or maybe bad. Hope he can stay on that bike a little more often and get it back to the front where his talent deserves to be.

Honda has the bike but they need a star rider and a new CEO with sport in his blood..
I don't think the bike is where is needs to be... I think Mir is a star that has been saddled with an inferior bike that chased MM away. Some sport in the blood is needed.

I don't think the bike is where is needs to be... I think Mir is a star that has been saddled with an inferior bike that chased MM away. Some sport in the blood is needed.
The bike is no where because MM is no longer a star rider... technically speaking the Ducati and Honda are the same engine and frame architecture... same suspension... same brakes... Ducati has their star rider and a CEO with sport in his blood...

Last edited:
I am not following the Larry logic.
MM has shown already with the right bike he can be competitive again. He threw everything at HRC. Full send committment until he realized the package as it stands is not a viable winner. I sure the hell do not think that the Honda and the Ducati are the same. Bits sure but the Duc has a balance that is missing from the Honda.

I firmly believe that if you put Pecco or Martin on the Honda they might do better than the current riders, but not much.

HRC needs some magic Larry dust to get the balance of the package back in the game.

The bike is no where because MM is no longer a star rider... technically speaking the Ducati and Honda are the same engine and frame architecture... same suspension... same brakes... Ducati has their star rider and a CEO with sport in his blood...

lol oh larry, you bleed honda red, don't you?

hmm...let's see...

Mir, world champion on a Suzuki, DFL on the onda
Marini, multiple podiums on the Duc, DFL on the honda
Marquez, crashes his brains out the last few years as Honda failed to keep up with technical innovation, instant title contender as soon as he gets on a year old Duc

"technically speaking the Ducati and Honda are the same engine and frame architecture... same suspension... same brakes"

CRT bikes had the same suspension and same brakes and they were 2 or 3 seconds off the pace. could have put a V4 in them and it wouldn't have made any difference. the devil's in the details in this game of millimeters. but of course, you know all this. don't worry, it's honda, eventually they'll be back on top, it just might be a while....

Two riders and a brand I rate highly. I really hope Bez and Martin don't now disappear into best-of-the-rest obscurity. Romano and his engineers need to bring a package that can compete more consistently with the Desmo next year. No excuses now, Aprilia.*

*Other than the kajillions of Euros Ducati gets as part of the VW/Audi/Lambo/etc. group! :oops:

Bezz on the Ape... noice.

+1 on Aprilia delivering a competitive package.

KTM improved the performance of their bike by hiring Acosta. Maybe Martín and Bezz will do the same for Aprilia?

I am not following the Larry logic.
MM has shown already with the right bike he can be competitive again. He threw everything at HRC. Full send committment until he realized the package as it stands is not a viable winner. I sure the hell do not think that the Honda and the Ducati are the same. Bits sure but the Duc has a balance that is missing from the Honda.

I firmly believe that if you put Pecco or Martin on the Honda they might do better than the current riders, but not much.

HRC needs some magic Larry dust to get the balance of the package back in the game.
What ever Ducati has done right... HRC has done it first and can do it again...

First post updated.

Alex Marquez signed with Gresini again for 2025. zzzzzzzzz.

Back