• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Bummer; Netflix will miss him.

Looks like no changes to driver lineups and amazingly Stroll is back.

2024_calendar_graphic_final.png

NOOOOOOOO, not Guenther!!! His sass will be missed :laughing

IIRC, this is the first year ever that the driver line-up has not changed.

Bummer; Netflix will miss him.

Looks like no changes to driver lineups and amazingly Stroll is back.
Isn't that why his dad bought the team in the first place?

I think the team is going to have to change ownership in order to rid them of Stroll.

Daddy Stroll bought the team for two reasons. So his son has a seat and to promote Aston Martin.

Daddy Stroll needs to wake the fuck up and realize his son is not good enough.

Mr Stroll may also not be good enough to run a car company either. The shit I could tell you all…meh they’d probably frigging fire me for even half of what I want to say.

Stroll bought the team because it was an amazing investment. The change in valuation of the team since then is proof. He's already sold some of his equity to cash in.

Hence why Gene has wants to do as little investment into the team as possible. It's worth far more now than it did when he bought the team. They can be in 10th in the constructors every year and still be profitable.

According to Guenther, Gene called him during his holiday break between Christmas and New Years to fire him.

Well, his contract was coming up for renewal and Gene choose not to renew it.

"fucking hell!"

His siren song coming up.

Season 6 of Formula 1 documentary Drive to Survive is fast approaching, with a release date scheduled for February 23rd.

It could mark the final appearances of Guenther Steiner, the Haas boss who became a breakout star thanks to the F1 docudrama’s depiction of his sweary interactions with drivers.

Steiner is leaving the team with immediate effect and may not be in the paddock at all in 2024.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...n-6-netflix-release-date-preview-and-updates/

F1's key finding centred on engine supply. It essentially decided that having to use an engine from an existing manufacturer for a limited period while having close links to a company that would soon be a rival was too big a compromise on the team's potential competitiveness.

It is a different situation from that of a normal customer engine supply - such as that of Mercedes with McLaren - because of the potential risks to intellectual property and the restrictions F1 considers that would place on collaboration.

I'm surprised this is the line of thinking they went with for their spin. How dumb do they think we are...

RedBull is using Honda engines and will be switching to their own for the new regs. Honda will be coming back into the 'ship for the new regs with Aston. Aston is currently using Merc engines. What restrictions are in place for RB and Aston that are limiting their collaboration and protecting IP....

There are regs in place that prevent an engine manufacturer from reducing the spec for customer engines. Whatever engine Andretti used would effectively be the same as the factory team. Interesting that they think identical engines could compromise the team's competitiveness. Or maybe they know their regs aren't working well.

Also.
The existing F1 teams had made it clear that they were not in favour of Andretti's entry for 2025 or 2026, on the basis that it would have diluted their earnings from prize money.

Current rules dictate that new entrants must pay an anti-dilution fee of $200m (£158m) to compensate the existing teams but they felt this was insufficient given the current values of F1 teams, which are in the region of $1bn.
Over the decades I've heard about European racers disliking it when American racers go over there and beat them. Some of the references I've heard were about Karting and how European Karters would put American Karters into the wall on purpose to drive them out of the series.

I wonder how hard RB lobbied to keep Andretti out of the series, along with others. Like everything else, the reasons were probably manufactured to match the decisions.

And Liberty thinks that Andretti joining would dilute the prize pool.....wait until the US fan base (that has grown over the past couple of years) drops to an all time low. F1 was in trouble financially until recent and I think the money brought in by American fans had a lot to do with the growth. Now with the American cancel culture, I wonder what will happen to the F1 money? I have already heard of people not going to support any sponsor in F1 and drop watching all together. Unfortunately, I love watching F1 and do not know if I can give it up.

Ain’t many names in motorsport with more clout than Andretti. Folks who made this decision ain’t looking out for the best interest of the sport.
2028 is gonna be a long wait, bummer.

This Andretti debacle will probably be left out of Drive to Survive. I doubt it will have any lasting impact on ticket sales and viewership in the US. Casual fans don't care one bit about Andretti or future F1 plans and wont be boycotting anything. Hardcore fans that boycott don't have the numbers to matter.

But ya, missed opportunity IMO.

And Liberty thinks that Andretti joining would dilute the prize pool.....wait until the US fan base (that has grown over the past couple of years) drops to an all time low. F1 was in trouble financially until recent and I think the money brought in by American fans had a lot to do with the growth. Now with the American cancel culture, I wonder what will happen to the F1 money? I have already heard of people not going to support any sponsor in F1 and drop watching all together. Unfortunately, I love watching F1 and do not know if I can give it up.

Don't they still owe us for saving their lands in 1945? What a mess the EU is.

NASCAR's better racing, none the less...cause the ACTUALLY race each other all race long. The only thing we look for in the pits are more accidents and fires.

I don’t pay much attention anymore to either but was a time when Cart kicked F1’s ass. Never got into nascar though.

Picked up something last week to add a bit of distraction to my desk
Selection was limited but got me thinking I’d like to pick up some 80’s and 90’s cars.

mxLOARel.jpg

Back