• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

500 Ninja re-animated!

Yeah, there's something not fair about that.
The guy that keeps engineering bikes from scratch suddenly has three just jump into his truck one day.
I'm not sure if I'm more jealous of your abilities or your opportunities. :laughing

:rofl

This really isn't related to the 500 Ninja project... but I'm so happy I thought I'd post anyway. Based on a tip from BARFs own Haybaler I found a very well preserved 1986 Ninja 250R on Marketplace. My friends think I'm dumb for driving all the way to Reno for a bike that no one wants and has (as my friend says) "minuscule" resale value. But for some reason I really like this body style that was only made for two years. They have become extremely rare and even more rare to find in good condition.

Anyway, the 500s now have a smaller sibling!

20230121_153646 by andbike, on Flickr

20230122_105046 by andbike, on Flickr

20230122_105104 by andbike, on Flickr

sooo pretty! as you may know, I am smitten with this version of this model also
Dibs if you decide sometime in the future to release it from your stable
- - S

Last edited:
That's a chic little thing. Really clean styling, I've never seen one before.

sooo pretty! as you may know, I am smitten with this version of this model also
Dibs if you decide sometime in the future to release it from your stable
- - S

This I did not know. I do have two more that are "projects". One has a motor that smokes badly, the other has no title. If I decide to let one go, I'll let you know.:thumbup

That's a chic little thing. Really clean styling, I've never seen one before.

wow, congratulations—always loved the first-gen Ninja 250, myself! :thumbup

Yes, they are cool looking little bikes. I've always liked the styling. Turns out Kawasaki only made this body style for two years and they are now super hard to find in any condition.

As mentioned above, I have two more in "project" condition. I have this ongoing fantasy about putting an RZ350 engine into one... or possibly an RZ250 engine (which I happen to have) so that it stays a 250!:party

This I did not know. I do have two more that are "projects". One has a motor that smokes badly, the other has no title. If I decide to let one go, I'll let you know.:thumbup

Yes, they are cool looking little bikes. I've always liked the styling. Turns out Kawasaki only made this body style for two years and they are now super hard to find in any condition.

As mentioned above, I have two more in "project" condition. I have this ongoing fantasy about putting an RZ350 engine into one... or possibly an RZ250 engine (which I happen to have) so that it stays a 250!:party

as I think I mentioned earlier, I saw one once with a rotax 650 single stuffed in to it

dya think a later gen ninja 250 or 300 motor would drop in ?

I believe the later 250 engines will go straight in. I have one just for that purpose... if I don't butcher it with an RZ engine:teeth Too many other projects with higher priority right now:x

Last edited:
as I think I mentioned earlier, I saw one once with a rotax 650 single stuffed in to it

had to go google that! :laughing:thumbup

nilmez_Image031.jpg

nilmez_Image017.jpg

hope the Reno baby ninja goes unmolested into the future—it’s a survivor! :gsxrgrl

Back