• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Aah, David....

Divison Bell tour (available as the PULSE live video) was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. And it was in the intimate venue of the Rose Bowl. The production can fill a stadium. I mean, look at those lights! That round screen with the lights has been a fixture of his tours forever.
The other guy's a wingnut
Indeed, but the Berlin The Wall concert was amazing. What a production!

I really like the version with Van Morrison.

 
My 2nd place on the list of bands I've seen the most...
David is from another planet...

If you're wondering...
Number One is YES.
86

:teeth
 
My 2nd place on the list of bands I've seen the most...
David is from another planet...

If you're wondering...
Number One is YES.
86

:teeth

Yes was never one of my favorite bands, but it ranks up there with some of the best concerts I've ever seen. The last show I saw them do was the 90125 tour, though...early 80's, I want to say Geek Theater in Berkeley and the Cow Palace? They are very good live.

I've seen a bit of Pink Floyd. One of my favorites. Last show I saw of theirs was the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, also in the 80's.

Has anyone seen the Dark Side of the Moon show going on at planetariums recently? I used to go to the Laserium shows in Golden Gate Park in the late 70's and early 80's. I remember them as being pretty amazing, although full disclosure: they were usually accompanied by various and assorted designer chemicals at the time :laughing
Anyway, after seeing the Live at Pompeii movie at an IMAX theater a year or so ago, I really want to go check this out at the Chabot location...

https://www.darksideofthemoon.show/en-US/pinkfloyd/oakland-ca
 
...
Anyway, after seeing the Live at Pompeii movie at an IMAX theater a year or so ago, I really want to go check this out at the Chabot location...

https://www.darksideofthemoon.show/en-US/pinkfloyd/oakland-ca

That looks like a fun show! Only general admission still available for the two Oct. 29th showings. Hmmm...

Every time I see the Dark Side of the Moon mentioned, my mind wanders off to the Dub Side of the Moon! ;-)


Catfish ...
 
Number One is YES.
86
That's just crazy. I mean, 86 concerts of ANY kind is crazy (unless you're in the industry). But having them dedicated to YES, just wow.

YES is actually on my list of "top number of concerts seen", but it's only been, uh...1 2 3 4 5 6? And that's only if you include seeing Andersen, Buford, Wakemen and Howe.

I got to see them years ago, just touring, no album I think, pretty classic Yes lineup. Dream Theater opened for them. That was a fascinating bit of playlist choice for a Yes crowd vs their normal ilk. Howe looked a bit like Skeletor. Jon Andersen was just a wonderful butterfly flitting about the stage.
 
That's just crazy. I mean, 86 concerts of ANY kind is crazy (unless you're in the industry). But having them dedicated to YES, just wow.

YES is...
Yeah...
Wait...Did you call me crazy?
86 includes ABWH and other solo stuff.
BRuford...LOL
WakeMAN...2nd LOL

I saw a lot of concerts...I'm old...
My first one was California Jam...1974
Back in the day...Concert tickets were like $12.

Saw Jon Anderson and his Band Geeks last year...
It was nearly $500 for two seats...they were good seats, tho...2nd row, right behind Jayne(His wife)
He wasn't doing a lot of "flitting"...He's fucking 80...Still sounded GREAT.
The 3 guitarists did Steve proud...3?...Uh huh

"I'll be the roundabout...

:teeth
 
The Pulse Comfortably Numb Solo is the greatest of all time. Its what inspired me to learn guitar.
 
I've seen every Rush since Power Windows, but did not see the current one. Looked good on YouTube though.

Saw ELP/owell 4 times I think. Dream Theater most every tour since Awake. So glad they're still producing.

Interesting notch in my concert tickets is I saw Oingo Boingo 5 or 6 times, almost all in small venues. Those were fun.

Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse, and both nights on Division Bell. Arguably the only band I saw twice on the same tour.
 
One of the only players that can make a guitar actually sing. He is so technically perfect (not the fastest player, but the best IMHO).
 
Gilmore was definitely the most talented one in the band. Waters' jealousy of him is obvious, constantly making sure everyone knows who wrote the lyrics. Gilmore never responds, too much class. No one would have ever heard Roger Waters' lyrics without Gilmore's voice and guitar. :x
 
Back
Top