• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Alaska - The ride report

Bravo! Well done, Nate! Welcome home, even if it was only for a day :ROFLMAO:

Alaska, Canada, Tuk...they've always been on my radar. Might be time to start actually planning before I get too old to go!

I say do it, the only thing I regret was not taking more time to ride to more places. Might have to figure out how to get my DRZ up there next.

Yeah, I am a wanderer by nature. Half the places we've explored have been because I am always thinking "What's up that road? I wonder where that goes?" and I'd have a hard time being as disciplined as you were on your trip! That's one reason why I like moto-camping...it gives me a certain amount of freedom to explore more and not worry about deadlines or destinations. Kinda hard to do in Alaska and Canada, though, what with weather, bears, etc. Also, I should mention your amazing ability to not take a photo of everything you see! 😄 I don't know what that's like!

Riding enduros, I got used to bailing off a smooth road for that tight off camber shaded turn into dirt, I still look for those, as shown here.
I managed to escape with my Fatboy once, a steep downhill with rocks, I had to inch my way thru, I did buy a skid plate after that.

So, whimsically, I downloaded the bulk of the photos in this thread, and then wrote a program to make a random (seed -606282155558127712) collage out of them. Finally I stuck a Nate photo and titled it.

collage.png

I can change the ratio, I can change the DPI (if you wanted to, say, get one of those canvas prints), I can highlight specific photos, whatever. It was more a technical project of writing the code to do it more than anything.

I'm not that creative when it comes to thing like this.

Anyway, if you want anything more from this let me know, if not, no biggie either -- it was a fun project. I might clean it up a little and post the code on Github.

Damn... That is sweet Berth. You got skills! :applause

I am making a small poster for moto shops for barf and mine so far does not look anything as cool as that. :laughing

Really cool of you! :thumbup

Very cool, I like how it turned out, could be a good cover if / when I get around to putting a highlights video together.

Back