• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Animated GIFS (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

LwYbGaG.gif

Coulda just popped a few rounds into the fuel tanks... it'd be suicide to take off after that.

That assumes that the assailants know where gas tanks are in an airplane, specifically that airplane. Plus it assumes that the pilots would be aware that there are leaks in there once sealed gas tanks. Plus is assumes that even with leaks, the pilots could still take off, fly away from the pursuers, and even land safely, but farther away -- and at least they'd get away if having to abandon the cargo.

Or, the bullets could hit the gas tank and the plane could go all A-Team and fireball like on TeeVee, after the crew bails out Just In Time.

Yes and the plane may crash elsewhere harming others.

No I mean if you're the pilot and some guy just perforated the fuel tanks, there's a fuel pressure warning light and some gunshots giving you a nice big clue as to why taking off might be a really bad idea.

On takeoff and landing shit's just to noisy to notice the sound of a pellet hitting anywhere other than yer person. Especially as you're in 100% concentration mode.

No I mean if you're the pilot and some guy just perforated the fuel tanks, there's a fuel pressure warning light and some gunshots giving you a nice big clue as to why taking off might be a really bad idea.

I'd still take off. If people are actively shooting at me and I'm in a plane, I'm out of there.

There are usually multiple tanks on a plane. Even if they hit half of them, I still have a couple hours worth of fuel. Heck, if they hit all of them, I still would be able to take off, fly away from immediate danger and find another strip.

Worst case, I run out of fuel before I find another strip (unlikely) and now I'm a glider.

article-plane-0628.gif

^ reminds me of the plane that landed on 280, just S of 92.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JpU5DAych0

I almost ran into that plane on my bike.

I went buy just as it had landed and didn't know it was a plane. I kept trying to figure out what it was and the way the horizon/light was I couldn't see it was a wing and it wasn't computing it was a plane. I thought it was a bus or something. Then boom, it comes into focus as a plane and I'm headed right for the wing. :wtf

It probably wasn't that close of a call but it was a weird feeling.

You mean if you're the drug smuggler looking at a decade or so in a shitty prison, trying to fly away from drug agents, you'd stop over a measly hole in your fuel tank?
The fuck kind of drug runner are you?

You mean if you're the drug smuggler looking at a decade or so in a shitty prison, trying to fly away from drug agents, you'd stop over a measly hole in your fuel tank?

:laughing

Loving all of the Pulp Fiction Vincent Vega gifs...

Yeah I guess I am ascribing a thought process to people who are without much thoughtfulness.

Back