• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Animated GIFS (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

Me in the 80's
2ix672.gif

vaha_ruikkii_yli.gif

gplus8372177623398643619.gif

I think that is the BOTTOM of the block.

DAMN

Hard to tell on my phone screen, if I get industrious I’ll look at it on my Mac and dissect it frame by frame. :nerd

If it is, it sure makes you wonder what the hell happened to the crankshaft!

Crankshaft? We don’t need no steenkeeng crankshaft! :teeth

I didn't see any pistons in the bores, and all that turbo plumbing, , ,
Diesel pistons have a larger crown above the top ring than gassers

Agreed on the plumbing. :thumbup

Typical Cat cylinder head design, as you can see there's no room for a piston crown above the deck. The combustion chamber is in the piston, all below the deck. If no cylinder is at TDC and the bore is filled with smoke/vapor as these were, you probably won't see a piston.

Attachments

• C15 Cylinder head.jpg
    C15 Cylinder head.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 82
  • c15piston.png
    c15piston.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 102
Nothing like the stock piston from a cummins 5.9.
Two piece block, cylinders on top of what holds the crank?
I knew my 7.0 cat had wet liners, didn't know how it went together.
Thanks

Nothing like the stock piston from a cummins 5.9.
Two piece block, cylinders on top of what holds the crank?
I knew my 7.0 cat had wet liners, didn't know how it went together.
Thanks

All the big diesels I know of are wet liners. The small Cummins engines are different, forced because of the weight restrictions on pickups.

I knew a guy back in the 70s that had a big Cat and a large trans in his F-350 (back when you could get away with something like that), it was a monster. He pulled a large fishing boat with it, and it was like it wasn't even there.

Back