• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Animated GIFS (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

qVD1ltF.gif

:laughing

^^^ So many profile pic opportunities.

That technology is really disturbing.

Remember that statement "don't believe everything you read on the Internet"? Now there's an addition to that, "don't believe everything you see on the Internet".

I do not like that

The thing that is crazy to me is, if they can do that with a portrait, certainly they can also do it with a picture of a person. We are reaching an era where video evidence of an event may at some point soon have to be inadmissible in a court of law.

CalculatingGrotesqueColt-size_restricted.gif

The thing that is crazy to me is, if they can do that with a portrait, certainly they can also do it with a picture of a person. We are reaching an era where video evidence of an event may at some point soon have to be inadmissible in a court of law.

For a while, there was (and may still be) a bit of internet-based forensic picture analysis of photos coming out of the Middle East (notably). Many were essentially (in the end) doctored photos, but, at least at the time, some basic image analysis could reveal that the photos were manipulated.

I always felt that there should be some mechanism (and perhaps there is) within modern digital cameras to "sign" the images with a camera ID, GPS location, and time, just to "prove" that the raw image is legitimate. Embed a "secure enclave" within the camera that allows the image to be signed, and then it could be sent to the manufacturer to validate that the image is legit.

I'm sure such a thing could be readily faked by state actors, but by and large it should work for most purposes.

^^that's a pretty bad-ass move with the rt front Mr. Half Sox^^

Back