• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Change Your Password and Turn On 2FA, Please

I just went through the IRS 12 step program to log into my account.
PITA. Makes this seem easy. Holy crap.

2FA is not much of a hassle. Only have to do once a month. Not causing me any problems signing on.

Do it and help protect yourself and Barf.
Depending on how the forum is set up, it can be a giant pain. Especially when you first enter your auth code.

As what?

What experience have you had with 2FA on a Xenforo forum that's a pain in the ass?

Know what else is a pain in the ass? Having your account hacked. I didn't post this thread for nothing; it's been happening.

BTW, Ian, the email address you registered on this site with has been compromised in 18 separate breaches.

BTW, Ian, the email address you registered on this site with has been compromised in 18 separate breaches.
You know, you said it was no big deal and I disagreed. Now you’re upset. Why? I never said 2FA was bad or wrong, just that it can be a PITA.
If you cannot accept a difference of opinion, you should turn in your admin keys.

Not upset but asking you in what way it's a pain in the ass. You seem not to be able to answer.

If you choose to ignore basic security hygiene, you're potentially creating work for others.

Passwd changed, where's the 2FA button?

My brain is addled, too much time building a shed in the yard today. If I lean my head to one side, it might pour out of my ear.

Appreciate the heads up, and unique PW here too.

But if I may rant on a bit, I am burned out on all this. Our company enacted MFA several months ago and we have to use an app. I need to authenticate to log into my PC, to access our network, to access Teams, and then for some strange reason Outlook again, and to access our SharePoint site, and because we are a division of a corporation, I need to authenticate to access corporate resources, and sometimes I get files that are locked and require authentication. Plus I run two work PCs for different reasons, so more joy there. AND I hold meetings where I need to log into the meeting room PCs, and authenticate a few more times. What's even better is that authentication expires in 11 hours. Oh, and our 3rd party services are on board, so to approve CC charges, to order trade show services, to access our accounting SW, and then there is the periodic state and IT mandated training modules. It's a dozen times every day, and some days more than 20. I see the exclamation points on my Teams and Outlook right now, so it begins. And for some stupid reason, I keep a strong PW on my phone, and face recognition barely works. I am MFA'd out, but I feel better now, and it's about time to :ride into work.
i have mfa authorizations over and over again when i use crap on my phone, but my laptop or work pc is non issue

i have mfa authorizations over and over again when i use crap on my phone, but my laptop or work pc is non issue
Well, I do nothing on my phone, just calls and texts. I liked it when texts were limited to 255 characters.

My work PC,

open Outlook - MFA
open Teams - MFA again
open intranet - MFA again
open MS office - MFA again
and a few other systems that use a different MFA system.

Today, both Outlook and Teams did not take the MFA so I had to close them and start over.

My understanding is that if I were to access work assets (Outlook/Teams, etc.) on my phone, I'd have to enter MFA codes sent to my phone back into the app on my phone.

Back