• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

:laughing

It's hard to go through an entire episode of Homeland without throwing in a Princess Bride quote...

By the way... this season has been pretty epic. :thumbup

</threadjack>

F5iTjVS.jpg

20131029.png

Last edited:

So the difference is... the modern versions all look the fucking same? :twofinger Except for Zelda and Pokeymans which definitely stands out with its bright colors among the gritty, gray-brown-industrial-ruined-hellscape used-coffee-filter-over-your-eyeballs graphics of the other ones.

Last edited:
So the difference is... the modern versions all look the fucking same? :twofinger Except for Zelda and Pokeymans which definitely stands out with its bright colors among the gritty, gray-brown-industrial-ruined-hellscape used-coffee-filter-over-your-eyeballs graphics of the other ones.

Or, maybe realistic graphics are as lame as the real world we escape from; into these games. For many gamers reality blows, and yet they immerse in games realistic in appearance.

Leads to an entirely different discussion with varied answers as to why we play games. One possible reason for realistic graphics and physics being a hit is because deep down we don't necessarily want a fantastically different world, we just want a different position for ourselves within the world we currently inhabit.

Anyway, back to funnies...

tumblr_mvfgbmlhxf1r6gwmko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvg7hhyGrW1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

Or, maybe realistic graphics are as lame as the real world we escape from; into these games. For many gamers reality blows, and yet they immerse in games realistic in appearance.

Lou? Is that you?

It is a kind of familiar unreality that's the appeal. It's not just straight up realism. Look at Grand Theft Auto and how it's dramatically toned down the wonky ridiculous antics over time. It's basically become a tool for people to feel like they can do whatever they want, but in a realistic and familiar setting, so it feels like personal power.

Unless you have no imagination whatsoever, reality should always feel at least a little unsatisfying.

I haven't played games in years, my Wii is a glorified scale.

I love my reality.

tumblr_mvgpd2Lwu51qe0w2do1_r3_500.jpg

The majestic Canadian beaver rising a goose while wearing a maple leaf bikini. Whilst screaming their war cry of “Sorry!”.”

by Jessica Borutski

Back