• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

It’s a Gaea, direct import from China. Not a huge investment but a pretty decent bike so far.

surprised i haven't seen this thread.

annadel is my local spot. still learning about all the places around the bay.

got my feet wet and picked up a S-works stumpy in the middle of the first shutdown. got to spend some time in the PNW with that in the later months of the shutdown.

now I've got a 2020 trek remedy 9.9

always down for a few laps anywhere.

See Otter Classic is next weekend

Fuego XC baby. On the course today.

Ft5NC_raAAA-Lqq

See Otter Classic is next weekend

Fuego XC baby. On the course today.

Ft5NC_raAAA-Lqq

I was debating coming out and racing the endurance, but since the GF didn't want to (and now can't), I decided to pass. Too peopley for me really.

My son is doing the Sea Otter for the second time. He said last year was a cluster fuck as the organizers had mountain bikes on the course at the same time as the gravel riders. Hopefully it's better controlled this time, he said there were a ton of hotheads, mtb. vs gravel and vice versa. :rolleyes

The last time I rode there was in 2002? Something like that, for the 24 hours National Championships. We took fifth (top 100% amateur team).

I ran Conti semi-slicks and they were perfect for the course.

I was riding my Alta at Foresthill this morning thinking how similar a ride it was to m Intense Tazer MX...

SWMBO and I ride every Sunday, have been doing so since the pandemic started. To be fair, we don't ride fast; she is 71, I am 65. As stated in previous threads, we ride off-road when the temps aren't too high, and ride coastal trails when they are. Today we rode 20 - plus miles in Calero County Park, up to the edge of Rancho Canada del Oro Park, Bald Peak Trail. Turned around at that point as we were low on H2o and I wasn't sure of directions to get us back to the car park. The park has recently changed up the trails to omni-directional, and I was not sure of the legal way to get us back to the starting point. 1900 feet elevation gain; not bad for an old bird with arthritis and a replaced hip (SWMBO). That describes her, not me (SWMBO is not a derogatory term, from Rumpole Of The Bailey, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" :rolleyes::rolleyes: She does very well overall. We don't ride fast but do cover the miles. I told her today that I am going to repeat this ride on my own, carrying on into Rancho Canada del Oro Park. I need to be sure of the trails that will afford us a loop back to the visitor's centre at Calero County Park. Will carry a hydration pack next time instead of a single water bottle. If you haven't ridden in this park, you should. It is really pretty with varied terrain. Lots of water skiers and wakeboarder today on the lake. She is riding a Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0, I am on a Turbo Levo Gen 3.

Hope to meet some of you out there on the trails!!

Spread Positivity, RIP Emily Grace Callen. RIP fair Angel.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 13
Spread Positivity, RIP Emily Grace Callen. RIP fair Angel.
I have an extra Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0 size medium (hardtail) if anyone wants to give it a whirl. It's a full power EMTB in case you are not familiar. It is rather capable on off-road trails.

Back