• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Gas Prices

That's complicated. How many 1997 camry's and accords do you see on the road? Consumerism today is absolutely bonkers.
Quite a few when you leave the bay area bubble. hell, even 1970s 'Yotas and 1980s Subarus are still being driving around.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GAJ
I was in New Hampshire of the past couple weeks.
During that time, I saw regular drop from $4.29 to $3.98.
It appears that some states aren't feeling the same pain as CA
 
Quite a few when you leave the bay area bubble. hell, even 1970s 'Yotas and 1980s Subarus are still being driving around.
Maybe outside of the greater sacramento area too? But, 70's and 80's are into the novelty categories, not as much into the frugal categories. An old loyale, enthusiasts love those. And an old toyota 4wd truck in particular, you could easily spend thirty grand on one.
 
Maybe outside of the greater sacramento area too? But, 70's and 80's are into the novelty categories, not as much into the frugal categories. An old loyale, enthusiasts love those. And an old toyota 4wd truck in particular, you could easily spend thirty grand on one.
Trust me. That's not this demographic. These are old beaters that the local rednecks keep running. I go back and forth regularly between rural SO and SF and the car thing is always a bit of a shock when I get to SF. So many shiny, new, expensive rides.
 
Some states are temporarily suspending their gas tax... of course, not here.
 
I was in New Hampshire of the past couple weeks.
During that time, I saw regular drop from $4.29 to $3.98.
It appears that some states aren't feeling the same pain as CA
Gas tax
Some states are temporarily suspending their gas tax... of course, not here.
Not to make this political but that’s what Steve Hilton is proposing. Last week in Ashland regular was 4.99 and diesel was 5.99. 90 miles away and it’s 5.39 regular and 8.39 diesel.
 
Suspension of taxes due to "unforeseen" foreign entanglements seems appropriate to me.
 
Back
Top