• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

HoHo 2024 in Weaverville, CA Aug 2-4 - SIGN UP Open!!

Ok, so not hot-shot speed riding or wild off-roading? Hmmmm....
There will be some hot shot speed riding, some wild off-roading and some mellow touring. Heck, some people will just chill by the pool all weekend. Something for everyone.

Come with me on Saturday. :D
I'm giving this serious thought... Two good trips I can work into this... See my daughter in Arcata and deliver some coffee to a vietnam vet friend.
There will be some hot shot speed riding, some wild off-roading and some mellow touring. Heck, some people will just chill by the pool all weekend. Something for everyone.
Sounds delightful

How hard core is that ride? Specifically on a 600 pound "Adventure Touring" bike with 17 inch wheels and street tires?

there’s some steep sections and a few hairpins, but I think you could get a Toyota Corolla or a rental car up there, maybe.

I love the ride up to the Weaver Bally watchtower, because it’s literally 10 miles away from the parking lot at the Xen-BARF motel. :laughing:ride

KLR.WeaverBolly.LO.jpg

Last edited:
there’s some steep sections and a few hairpins, but I think you could get a Toyota Corolla or a rental car up there, maybe.

I love the ride up to the Weaver Bally watchtower, because it’s literally 10 miles away from the parking lot at the Xen-BARF motel. :laughing:ride

View attachment 562036
I'd have to get up early! :x

I often go up to Weaver Bally to watch a sunset, also. it's only ten miles away, don't cha no? :angel

you do usually go on some Rally Mistress masochist huge-milage death ride, I guess. priorities, ftw. 🥳

I often go up to Weaver Bally to watch a sunset, also. it's only ten miles away, don't cha no? :angel

you do usually go on some Rally Mistress masochist huge-milage death ride, I guess. priorities, ftw. 🥳
sunset is acceptable!

Ooooh, Amazing Bolly pic! I hope I can ride it!!

BTW do we have a rideout on Friday morning to the Rally? I live in Walnut Creek. Also considering leaving one day early or returning home late to extend the fun ; >

BTW do we have a rideout on Friday morning to the Rally? I live in Walnut Creek. Also considering leaving one day early or returning home late to extend the fun ; >
Brian, we could ride out together if you want..

I am rolling out from Oregon and hopefully dragging @alemeno214 with me.

I will confer with @budman about an official rally start point and time.

Back