• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Kawasaki is turning 70 in September

^^:thumbup

I think it’s speedway bikes that don’t have any brakes? :dunno

picture.php

Kawasaki Ninja 650R Flat Tracker

No front brakes on the mile bikes. They threw them sideways to slow down and the 2 smokes did not really like it too much and the 4 strokes would go back by as they trembled in fear around the corner :laughing

At least that is what it looked like to me. Puckered twice a lap. :teeth

speaking of speedway bikes, and Kawasaki:

picture.php

picture.php

think I need one of these for my next mass hooligan parade through San Francisco ... be stylin' on the sidewalks with no brakes. :party

Last edited:
The main goal is to foster interest and participation in this high-action sport by offering a rules package that keeps maintenance costs low. If successful, it could have a profound impact on the grand old sport of speedway, which will celebrate its centennial in 2023.

It was no brakes thru the '60s, short or flat tracks.
All GO and NO woah.
I wasn't racing that long into the '70s, I don't know what year it changed to brakes.
Brakes made it easy, , ,
2 strokes were allowed compression releases

Last edited:
Never seen it live. Watched lots of vids going back to the Penhall days.

We had a local Ralph Waldman that had an old one, back in the '60's, just for the fun antique.
He would show up out @ the point in Suisun, where we practiced short track. We had no track prep equipment, always rutted, holed, and free.
Hard to wrap my mind about it, to turn one of those,
dive in deep,
chop the throttle,
then WFO,
moderate for turning arc.
back off for traction/hooking up, straightaway
repeat.

Back