• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Koi's SissyFace Pre-ride 3/25 rain or shine!

i_am_the_koi

Vito Koi'leone ~ The Twinfather
Moto(s)
2005 Concours
2003 SV-1BILLION
2017 R3
Name
The Koi
BARF perks
AMA #: 2823804
Going to do a pre-ride for the Misfit's Anniversary Ride on 4/1

Breakfast will be at the Black Bear Diner in Napa.

Meet will start at 9am... KSU will be at 10:30

Weather reports are predicting rain so be prepared for wet weather, wet riding, wet conditions, and wet bikes!!!

I am calling it a sissyface ride as if it is wet, I won't be doing my normal pace and don't want anyone else to push it, go down, and be unable to ride with us on the anniversary ride. :thumbdown

The route will be similar to the actual route, but we will be heading up valley once we get back down from the hills and ending in Calistoga. I will be heading up to Lakeport afterwards but didn't want to post it as part of the route as I am just going up to chat with mi madre and then hopefully heading home before it gets dark. Mt St helena in the rain is one thing, in the rain and dark is another.

[gmap]<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=black+bear+diner&daddr=Berryessa+Corners,+Monticello+Road,+Napa,+CA+to:38.60276,-122.27785+to:38.54972,-122.35611+to:38.543372,-122.4902261+to:38.57989,-122.55742+to:More+For+Less,+Petrified+Forest+Road,+Calistoga,+CA&hl=en&geocode=FeEwSAIdEDq2-CExfLCXWUdGXCllKbVqDgaFgDGzozTbQ5uY5w%3BFVKkSgIdIG-3-CGZZC20Uz2OFyl3tyk4oAKFgDElPPP6zWuCPQ%3BFQgITQIdJjC2-ClPpUrUMPeEgDFOaCPYwLKV_Q%3BFdg4TAIdcv60-Cmrh4IcAViEgDFFw6yYmMJHlw%3BFQwgTAIdjvKy-CnDJk7E_1qEgDHSaaAw4--6Vg%3BFbKuTAIdFOyx-CktOYAaQUOEgDHa__yeua22yA%3BFRizTAIdjlKx-CFP5n3r4oNe0SlzapRXsEOEgDF8wkoPZ4w22g&aq=0&oq=more+for+less&sll=38.5632,-122.445374&sspn=0.275968,0.603561&mra=dpe&mrsp=5&sz=11&via=2,3,4,5&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=38.45574,-122.320404&spn=0.516196,0.878906&z=10&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=black+bear+diner&daddr=Berryessa+Corners,+Monticello+Road,+Napa,+CA+to:38.60276,-122.27785+to:38.54972,-122.35611+to:38.543372,-122.4902261+to:38.57989,-122.55742+to:More+For+Less,+Petrified+Forest+Road,+Calistoga,+CA&hl=en&geocode=FeEwSAIdEDq2-CExfLCXWUdGXCllKbVqDgaFgDGzozTbQ5uY5w%3BFVKkSgIdIG-3-CGZZC20Uz2OFyl3tyk4oAKFgDElPPP6zWuCPQ%3BFQgITQIdJjC2-ClPpUrUMPeEgDFOaCPYwLKV_Q%3BFdg4TAIdcv60-Cmrh4IcAViEgDFFw6yYmMJHlw%3BFQwgTAIdjvKy-CnDJk7E_1qEgDHSaaAw4--6Vg%3BFbKuTAIdFOyx-CktOYAaQUOEgDHa__yeua22yA%3BFRizTAIdjlKx-CFP5n3r4oNe0SlzapRXsEOEgDF8wkoPZ4w22g&aq=0&oq=more+for+less&sll=38.5632,-122.445374&sspn=0.275968,0.603561&mra=dpe&mrsp=5&sz=11&via=2,3,4,5&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=38.45574,-122.320404&spn=0.516196,0.878906&z=10" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]

Koi's Speech!

As always, Be prepared to get gas at the start, route's is 75 miles roughly from Start to Finish so have gas at the start and there is a gas station at the end. ALSO BE PREPARED FOR RAIN!

KSU: 10:30am

Meet starts at 9am

I do ride ATGATT and hope you do too. If there are new rider's we will have a pre-ride safety meeting to ensure we're all on the same page.

"A" Number 1 Goal is to return with the same amount of bike's and the same amount of rider's we left with.

I believe in The Pace and ride accordingly.

The Two Rules I have... and I hate rules... but the two rules I enforce:

BE FRIENDLY!

BE SAFE!

That being said if you are wanting to learn to ride, please don't expect us to teach you. If you have the skills and just need some seat time... this group is for you!!! Does that mean 500 miles or a thousand? I can't tell you but before you join a group ride be sure you can join one safely.

I will wait for the last person so don't be afraid of being ditched. Please know the route as best as you can and if you want a map ask and I will have them for you at the start. But we will wait at major direction changes to ensure no lost chickies. If you are going to leave somewhere mid-route let someone know so we don't send search parties for you as your sitting on your couch. Please make sure to grab someone's cell phone in case you get lost, or decide to go home you can send a txt or call.

I will not listen to complaint's that you did not reach 6th gear, that you didn't drag your knee enough, or that you are :mortifer melting.

I can do nothing about it if you feel that there's too much traffic, believe me if I knew of a quicker route I'd be leading that way unless I feel that some of our group might not be ready for the alternative.
I will not lane split as the lead.
I will not pass people as the lead ((VW Van's may be exempt from this rule :rant))

I do not want to EVER hear that other rider's are going too slow. This is a Mellow Ride and should be friendly towards all riders. If you want to ride faster nothing is stopping you, ride your PACE and know the route so that you can be parked and de-geared at the next meeting point instead of being :mad in your helmet. But Please, I don't want to come around a corner and find you in a world of hurt, or even worse, buzz right past you and not realize your off in the woods.

More Importantly, I don't want anyone to feel pressured to go faster then they are comfortable with. I hope that everyone has the experience level to be comfortable with speeding up on a straight away to catch the group ((not talking anything crazy but enough to make up some ground)) but I also don't expect you to keep up with any one rider's pace while in the twisties.

Anything larger then 4 I will ask for a sweep. I do not expect them to maintain sweep position the entire ride but if you sign up please be responsible and wait till we stop and you can let people know who the new sweep is.

Group's larger then 10 and we will arrange a 2nd lead and have 2 sweeps so that we can limit the length of stops at directional changes.

Let's :ride

Last edited:
You mean 3/25?

Pre-rides after the main ride... are just silly. :)

Ride date is posted wrong. You mean this Sunday, March 25th, don't you?

Pre-rides after the main ride... are just silly. :)

You need to ride with us Misfits more... you'll see that silliness is just par for the course.

Date's already been changed but I will confirm that it is this coming Sunday... not in April.

nahh...Koi was just making sure us old folks had our glasses on or were paying attention!! Itw ould not be a misfit ride post if there was not some misfittedness going on...who needs the ACTUAL ride date...c'mon!!! :rofl

Koi...I will be a sissyface..and if it rains will not show..yep..that's just me...I don't want to get my patch wet..ironically..with a fish on it! yep yep got it got it!! :thumbup

Patty

That's what rain gear is for.... :twofinger

Koi...c'mon...ya know I don't like riding in the rain! I have rain gear..and if I get stuck out in it..one thing..purposely going out on a rainy day...nahhhh! Not my cup of tea..or bucket of rain water! :rofl

Will do my usual sun dance to the sun gods and goddesses!!! See what happens!!

Will see if I can drag along some curve unit sisters who may be staying at my house that night..we have early morning start at Infineon the next day! Woot!

PattyA

Hummm, may be down fer suma dis, long as Nicki drinkz decaf! :laughing

*Crickets*
Well, is this thang still on or wut? T'ain't like koi boy to be this quite. :dunno

*Crickets*
Well, is this thang still on or wut? T'ain't like koi boy to be this quite. :dunno

I still plan on doing it at this point. Will atleast go to breakfast tomorrow and if it's raining that hard, might adjust route a lil, but still going for a ride at this point.

I was just starting to wonder if I was going to be sitting at the counter alone :rofl

and you're still a maybe so wot do you care :twofinger

I still plan on doing it at this point. Will atleast go to breakfast tomorrow and if it's raining that hard, might adjust route a lil, but still going for a ride at this point.

I was just starting to wonder if I was going to be sitting at the counter alone :rofl

and you're still a maybe so wot do you care :twofinger
Dunno 'bout breakfast (Since I usually duz a sack of meth befoe I ride.) but I'm down fer sum rain ride'in. :party
Recon I'll show up at that eatery 'round 10?

Dunno 'bout breakfast (Since I usually duz a sack of meth befoe I ride.) but I'm down fer sum rain ride'in. :party
Recon I'll show up at that eatery 'round 10?

I got 5 on it! :party :rofl

Let's make it 10:30, if it's just going to be us then I'm gonna sleep in before I go on a three day bender. :laughing Also cause it's supposed to die off through the day

I'm a maybe. Will probably show if I stick my head out the door in the morning and it doesn't get wet.

'can't go tomorrow Koi, see you on the 1st. My Pass is only good for the April 1st ride.:laughing
Stay dry peeps. If you all go, no slippin'& slidin'..........................I want to see you all on the 1st.

'can't go tomorrow Koi, see you on the 1st. My Pass is only good for the April 1st ride.:laughing
Stay dry peeps. If you all go, no slippin'& slidin'..........................I want to see you all on the 1st.

I feel bad for Banjo, he's gonna be waiting for me at the next stop as I creep along...

Definitely gonna be raining in the morning, maybe lighter in the afternoon.

Back