Making a "patched" jacket with my company logo. Bad form or...?

NorCalCoffeeMan

ILoveLamp
Moto(s)
22 Kawasaki KLR
16 Victory Highball
Name
Scot
Not sure how to correctly ask as I'm still learning all the ins and outs of riding. Sometimes, if the weather is right and our deliveries are light, I'll ride my Victory Highball. It's always a hit whenever I get it in front of a customer. So I was wondering if I got a jacket with a MC style patch with my company name, would I be asking for trouble? is it counter culture? Or is this America and I should just man up and not care?

I don't mind lessons others have paid tuition for. Go ahead, do it and report back. It might be cool, it might not. . . I have no experience but would like to know.

Around here Bikers for Jesus, some veteran riders and a Gold Wing club have styled their regalia after biker gang couture and don't seem the worse for wear. I could see the chartered guys just being amused until some moment when they aren't.

What's the worst thing that could happen? They all seem like reasonable, logical, sober adults. It's not like they're gonna show up unexpectedly and react in way you didn't expect. I say go for it! :teeth

It shouldn't be a problem, just don't have a bottom rocker that says California or a MC patch. It won't be a problem, you can wear anything you like. This is America 🇱🇷

Haven’t seen “Wild Hogs”, eh? :laughing

:laughing:thumbup

I’ve been sporting my Wild Hogs outfit every time I climb on a motorcycle for 30 years here in the Bay Area:

IMG_7921.jpeg

when I became a “life member” after 20 years I made some patches from a t-shirt design our tattoo-guy member Mr Barnaby had created:

IMG_2408.jpeg

IMG_2313.jpeg

worn my clown-suits like these in Morocco, Spain and France, too. I don’t hang out in bars, but anyway, never had a negative experience yet. :angel:clown

Last edited:
It shouldn't be a problem, just don't have a bottom rocker that says California or a MC patch. It won't be a problem, you can wear anything you like. This is America 🇱🇷
I think with this you will have zero problems.

Look forward to seeing it!

I could see the chartered guys just being amused until some moment when they aren't.
Yeah, that's my feeling. Unless it's really important to you, best not to piss off the one crazy biker who takes offence.

Yeah, that's my feeling. Unless it's really important to you, best not to piss off the one crazy biker who takes offence.
We'll see... I'm playing with a few AI images. Maybe I'll establish dominance first. Who's gonna mess with the Coffee Mafia??? I'll patch them in...

1%ers are such babies :lauging

The fact that random people can't have a 3-piece patch design without offending 81 and potentially getting harassed is pretty sad.

We'll see... I'm playing with a few AI images. Maybe I'll establish dominance first. Who's gonna mess with the Coffee Mafia??? I'll patch them in...
Share a few with us.

I highly doubt it would offend anyone especially going by SFMC John's experience as he gets around a lot on his motos.

1%ers are such babies :lauging

The fact that random people can't have a 3-piece patch design without offending 81 and potentially getting harassed is pretty sad.
Right! I've done my time for our country, have lived a semi-responsible life and have paid as little taxes as possible. I'll be damned if some dude gives me crap for being free!

The only issue with having your company's logo on your riding jacket is that you need to ride like a saint. No flipping the middle finger, no acting like a jerk while riding, nothing, because if you do, it'll look poorly on the company. You do not want to have that conversation with management about poor riding behavior.

Back