• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Marc Marquez to Lenovo Factory Ducati in 2025

Let's face it, MotoGP is already basically the Ducati Cup, with the other manufacturers putting in occasional podium appearances. Special shout out to MM93, who I can't stand, for making me despise him even more with his primadona posturing ensuring this chess move. He gets the factory bike and eliminates one of his prime rivals in one fell swoop. Classy.
MM coverage is half the commentary. I can hardly stand to hear the almost endless talk about him. This isn't going to help. Hoping another manufacturer has a technological breakthrough that leapfrogs Ducati and MM. That would be fantastic!

The money follows Marc. Repsol and Redbull both pulled their Honda sponsorships after Marc left.

I am an admittedly not objective Marquez hater... but

The moves he makes are so cheesy and this one was a bit diabolical and not just about him but shutting out potential competition. That scared huh? He should have done better to get Honda and Repsol to give him a bike he thinks and can win championships on again. He's been Repsol and/or Honda since he was in the 125cc, when 125 was still a thing. Or someone should have done better to help keep that relationship. It was their bread and butter for years and when it stopped working, they just call it quits? There's more to the story, I know that. It always sounded like a relationship that's going great and then the first real argument happens, bridges are burned. Business is business... I get that.

I'm making this in a separate post on purpose.

Marquez reminds of LeBron James. Especially the comparison to who many think are the GOAT of their sports.

LeBron is a great player but needs a supporting team around him. If the rest of the team folds, he folds. Jordan, on the other hand, when his teammates weren't playing so great, he still got the job done.

Same with Marquez and Rossi. Marquez may be racking up the numbers when we have GOAT talks but Rossi didn't need everything to be right to win races.

I am 100% open to disagreement and criticism on that one.

Am I a Rossi fanboy? Yes I am. Have been for a very long time. Do I dislike Marquez? Not exactly. I thought it was great when he moved to GP. But he's caused a lot of solo and dual crashes that could have been avoided along the way. He's racked up a lot of bike repair charges that have kept a lot of people working very hard. So good for those people getting paid for their hard work.

I'm aware I'm the one who brought up the comparison between Rossi and Marquez in this discussion.

Also, I just want to remind y'all again that if you have HBO MAX, all sessions and races are streamed there live and on replay.

So useful to me while I was in a hotel this past weekend.

Great to see the Beast get a KTM under his bottom. Sounds like 4 orange bikes and no Gas Gas :dunno
Tech 3 to Yamaha :dunno

Rossi or MM the GOAT... that I know... how I feel. Vale.

Lost in all this is Pecco Bagnaia. He can't be pleased to have Marquez on the same bike, same team. I do not think Pecco will be intimidated, mind you. This placement of Marquez on the team just seems to have a dose of disrespect to the two-time (and could be three-time) champ. Of all the riders on the grid, Marquez is without a doubt the most ruthless and selfish. Those are two necessary qualities in a racer, but Marquez has them in quantities that put him out of balance with all the qualities Ducati should want in a teammate to Bagnaia.

Lost in all this is Pecco Bagnaia. He can't be pleased to have Marquez on the same bike, same team. I do not think Pecco will be intimidated, mind you. This placement of Marquez on the team just seems to have a dose of disrespect to the two-time (and could be three-time) champ. Of all the riders on the grid, Marquez is without a doubt the most ruthless and selfish. Those are two necessary qualities in a racer, but Marquez has them in quantities that put him out of balance with all the qualities Ducati should want in a teammate to Bagnaia.
Yeah that occurred to me to - win a couple of championships and they all but demote you to #2? I’d be cheesed.

Well, I’d be chuffed to even THINK of earning a MotoGP pit bike seat so....no, I wouldn’t be....but Pecco might be, :D

Great to see the Beast get a KTM under his bottom. Sounds like 4 orange bikes and no Gas Gas :dunno
Tech 3 to Yamaha :dunno

Rossi or MM the GOAT... that I know... how I feel. Vale.
GOAT debates can never be resolved, they can only raise new points to consider. I've got Rossi all the way. The points to consider I would raise are two: First, that Rossi won races and championships on 500cc two-stroke, 990cc four-strokes, 800cc, and 1000cc (races, not championships unless you count 2015). Won with no electronics, primitive electronics, different tires, etc. -- mind-boggling evolutions of grand prix motorcycles, plus the famous switch from the best bike (Honda) to worst (Yamaha).

Second, Rossi defeated more generations of riders than Marquez has. Rossi saw off Biaggi, Gibernau, KRJR, Barros,.... then Pedrosa, Stoner, Lorenzo ... then raced against, and mostly beat, riders young enough to be his kids, including memorable head-to-head races against Marquez.

Marquez saw the end of Pedrosa and Lorenzo and beat Dovizioso and Rossi, but so far he has not vanquished the generation coming up behind him as Rossi did. But there is still time of course. I will have to re-consider if Marquez beats Bagnaia, Martin and Acosta these next few years.

Talk about coming to the party late. I still haven't finished watching Mugello. Martin can win a ship this year, he has been the most consistent. Everyone else is trying to keep up. We saw his first big blunder of the season last weekend at the sprint race. Martin & Pecco have done their share of blunder jockeying, but I thinks its Martin's year. The biggest kick to the balls would be Marquez winning his next Championship on a Ducati, something Rossi never did.

Fantastic move by Ducati. They won’t have level playing/development field until 2027, and in the meantime they have a rider who can push the bike beyond its limits. I hope Marc keeps his exciting riding style on the Ducati

I find this move to be a bit cowardly but very calculated. I wish I had a better word because I don't mean it to sound that harsh. Selfish might be better but I don't like that either because I wouldn't say any rider in this business shouldn't be selfish. It's a selfish sport.

But a former multiple time champ (from a different team obviously) moving into the same garage as the current champion 2 years running... it kinda stinks of something I'm not exactly sure of. Regardless of what Pecco says officially, he's got to be thinking this is some kind of bullshit.

Part of me wishes Marquez would have stuck with Honda/Repsol because they are the ones that got him to the dance very early in his career and maybe Honda could have turned this around with Marquez as their lead rider but maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Riders are forever the wild and variable component in racing... its the reason why Pecco to Honda is plausible...

i think Martin just did it to say FU to Duc, they skipped over him for Enea for 3 years...... he beat Enea for rookie of the year by 9 points, still dont get no factory seat while beastmode gets it, beat him every year after as well......

Surprised Mav left.

Still a good ride :thumbup

Back