• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Moss Landing Battery Fire; Report Out

Butch

poseur
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Location
San Jose, bottom of dirty 130
Moto(s)
‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM530, 01TM250 2T, ‘24 Yam Tenere 700, Lightning Spark
Name
Butch
BARF perks
AMA #: 1093637
“I would advise you not to believe anyone – or any report – that provides a simple ‘no,’ or a simple ‘yes’ answer to this question,” Wasson said at the symposium. “What you will hear today instead is the sausage-making of real science.”

Remember?
 
Humans fuck shit up.

Surprised to see the human impact actually.
 
I mean... you'd assume there would be environmental impacts from the fire.

I was kinda hoping the report would be about root cause of the fire, for use in designing future facilities.
 
Firefighters responded Friday morning to a fire at the Moss Landing battery storage facility operated by Vistra Energy, the same facility damaged in a major battery fire in January 2025.

The North Monterey County Fire District was dispatched shortly after 6:15 a.m. Crews arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the facility’s north side.

 
I mean... you'd assume there would be environmental impacts from the fire.

I was kinda hoping the report would be about root cause of the fire, for use in designing future facilities.
assume there would be environmental impacts from the lithium battery fire.
 
Last edited:
I was kinda hoping the report would be about root cause of the fire, for use in designing future facilities.

Firefighters responded Friday morning to a fire at the Moss Landing battery storage facility operated by Vistra Energy, the same facility damaged in a major battery fire in January 2025.

The North Monterey County Fire District was dispatched shortly after 6:15 a.m. Crews arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the facility’s north side.

Now I'm really curious about root cause.
Same cause as last year, different?
Were precautions implemented after last year to mitigate risk?

We're going to need a lot more battery facilities like this in the future as we transition to renewables, so it would be nice to have some transparency on the issues they're having.
 
Back
Top