• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

I was Looking for Bones UK and came across this. Entertaining.

and this

I think i gotta head to the record store...

Ha, ha... boy did the "pendulum" take a huge swing from Bones UK to Adele.
Adele's "Someone Like You" resonates with a lot of people. For me, just flip the perspective from "She" to "He".

"I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd see my face
And that you'd be reminded that for me, it isn't over..."

Last edited:
Red roses for Shane... :(

:rose

Saw the Pogues in SF in 1991, Shane was really drunk and could barely stand so he walked over to the drum kit and sat down in front of it and pretty much passed out. The show was saved by Joe Strummer coming out to front the band with a "Looks like Shane's a little under the weather..." and did a fantastic job.

We got classic Shane, classic Joe, and classic Pogues.

I will have "If I Should Fall From Grace With God" on repeat today...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67546785

“People have given Shane 6 months to live every year since he was 19” - Philip Chevron of the Pogues

Last edited:
Red roses for Shane... :(

:rose

We got classic Shane, classic Joe, and classic Pogues.

I will have "If I Should Fall From Grace With God" on repeat today...

awesome remembrance … :thumbup

[YOUTUBE]B4v6aNjGFFk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UGYhMB3-8h0[/YOUTUBE]

godspeed, Mr MacGowan …

^^ It was just like that except Shane couldn't stand. :laughing

He had cleaned up the last few years, he even got new teeth and looked pretty good. I had read he got sick a few months back but was hopeful when he went home.

[YOUTUBE]QaeD5fW1rw&t=206s&pp=ygUJcGF1bCBob3Ju[/YOUTUBE]

One of my absolute favorite albums. Recorded in 1968. Every echo and reverberation is natural to the Taj Mahal. Electronics didn’t exist back then. And the guy doing the singing was the guard who gave Paul Horn permission to play and record in the Taj Mahal. And this album is often credited as the very first album of the New Age genre.

Yes! Thank you for posting the link. I hadn’t the time to fix mine yet. I think it’s one of the most beautiful and peaceful albums ever recorded. And Paul went back to India to record more inside the Taj Mahal, this time with formal permission from the Indian government.

Paul Horn also recorded two albums with R Carlos Nakai who is considered the premier artist and composer with the Native American flute. Both stunning live albums:

Inside Canyon de Chelly (de Shay) and Inside Monument Valley.

Both albums were recorded live and in nature at those two locations. You can hear the crows, babbling brooks, and thunderstorms.

Last edited:
[youtube]m5kyvM7KAd8[/youtube]

Devin Townsend

This is a fun concert, a post covid release.

Devin had not met the musicians 3 days before the concert. They had 2 days to rehearse the show.

It's fun and theatrical.

I had the opportunity to see him in concert earlier this year, I had never heard of him. It was a fun night. Not quite my genre of music, but it was a fun night.

FYI there's a few f-bombs in the dialog.

OP Ed,

Early this morning while half asleep, half awake, in kind of a dream state this "Verse" came to mind:

"Is there a time for tying ribbons
A time for Christmas trees
Is there a time for laying tables
When the night is set to freeze"

Sort of hard to get in the full "Christmas - Holiday Spirit" so far. I worry about the future for my Children and my Grandchildren. I guess as a parent that comes with the territory, but we live in a world that is so racked with conflict, violence, suffering, darkness. I worry about the future of our World and the accelerated, downward spiral it's being forced into.

Isn't this the Season were we're are supposed to be about spreading compassion, joy, and love to those around us? Guess I need to embrace an "attitude of gratitude" a bit more for the good things in my life.

Wishing all a Blessed Holiday Season.

Miss Sarajevo

Last edited:
[youtube]m5kyvM7KAd8[/youtube]

Devin Townsend

This is a fun concert, a post covid release.

Devin had not met the musicians 3 days before the concert. They had 2 days to rehearse the show.

It's fun and theatrical.

I had the opportunity to see him in concert earlier this year, I had never heard of him. It was a fun night. Not quite my genre of music, but it was a fun night.

FYI there's a few f-bombs in the dialog.
Nice! Dev is the shizzz. Super nice guy. Developing a coffee company with him right now. Just wait till it comes out. It’ll be lit!

Back