• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

one of those days.

[youtube]1nDq1HoNm-E[/youtube]

Leaving 'Bucks this afternoon, I recognized a tune playing barely audibly on the 'Bucks Channel. It was an unfamiliar version--reggae-ish--of something slightly familiar, but the memory was much too dim.

It continued to run through my head as I wandered over to get groceries, a few lyrics coming back but not enough to reconstruct the title. Finally, walking back to the FJR, the title crystallized: "In the Summertime". Not Gershwin's "Summer Time", not "Summertime Blues", not "Sum Sum Summertime".

With that, Google found not just the song, but a video by the original artists, an English band called Mungo Jerry. If 1970 is within your living memory, you might enjoy this:

[youtube]wvUQcnfwUUM[/youtube]

i'll keep the summer theme going.

most will likely associate this melody with that Fresh Prince track from the early 90s, but that was sampled yo!

there aren't enough o's in 'smooth' to describe this joint...

[youtube]2SFt7JHwJeg[/youtube]

The Contortions

[youtube]hvwyogXgGGI[/youtube]

The Misfits
(NSFW!)

[youtube]sTAan-fd9PU[/youtube]

Dorothy Donegan
(Damn, I would have loved to see her live!)

[youtube]4dpg3zClqhI[/youtube]

Last edited:
Here's a nice melodic death jam.

[youtube]De7ZecGMgOo[/youtube]

Back