• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

A really cool LA based band. There first album, Opener, has some really good song.

[youtube]ZI9BSgCVGwI[/youtube]

I've figured it out, when the traffic is most horrible, find some random soothing song to help keep you calm. Relax your shoulders, let the tension drain. That traffic will make you crazy if you can't handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinR02JDG4w

[youtube]CinR02JDG4w[/youtube]

One of the most disturbing song I ever heard. Lisa Germano is a great artist, and Geek the Girl is probably her best album, by its darkness, by the contrast between violence and quietness.

A Psychopath is a masterpiece in this paradigm. She sampled a call to 911, by a woman named Karen. An intruder tried to get inside her house while she was alone with her baby. This song is about stalkers. I can't empathize enough with the fear in Karen's voice, which contrast so much with Lisa's voice, yet is amplified by the instrument.

[youtube]bWEhNppy0to[/youtube]

T, I've been listening to Lisa and her band for the past 2 hours and while I did add a few of her songs to my library she is just too depressing for me. Thanks for the share though.

T, I've been listening to Lisa and her band for the past 2 hours and while I did add a few of her songs to my library she is just too depressing for me. Thanks for the share though.

I agree. I am used to this kind of downtempo, dark music but even for me, Lisa Germano is way too much.

I am not really into pop, but the bird and the bee is one of my favorite band. I like the difference of tone between the lyrics and the song. It's not cheesy pop, a little bit teenage girl kind of pop, but they have some good song. The pace is pretty slow for a pop band (faster than Zero 7 though), with a more energetic voice. Their album Interpreting the Masters Volume 1 is a good set of covers. But beside that "Ray guns are not just the future" could be a good intro to this band. Anyway, one of their song, "Polite Dance Song" is a definitely WTF. It has been directed by Eric from Tim and Eric... I let you see how hilarious it is:

[youtube]HhDVSiidt_4[/youtube]

Dark and interesting, I'll have to check out more of her work!

.357 string band

Thank you, I am not into this type of music but I really like this one, it really gets you in the mood, it's fast, and it takes you with you.
The guitarist gets so into it... reminds me of a french band, Caravan Palace:

[youtube]CPCtRWBWVZw[/youtube]

This song is 20years old. Still a hit everytime I hear it.

And nothing's going to change the way we live
'Cause we can always take but never give
And now that things are changing for the worse,
See, its a crazy world we're living in
And I just can't see that half of us immersed in sin
Is all we have to give these

[youtube]Et9b7LWfnxQ[/youtube]

Those Poor Bastards. Everyone should listen to them. Gothic Country/Americana style shit.

[youtube]326WpN3wMUo[/youtube]

TV on the Radio - Will Do (if you can find the mix it's better imo)
[youtube]dXLpXu9T7j0[/youtube]

Last edited:
War of Ages
[Youtube]2m0LU3gauLc[/youtube]

Chaos Theory
[Youtube]-fYsiPoSG8Y[/youtube]

But I'm listening to Santana right now :laughing
[Youtube]95kCv10duFw[/youtube]

This is one of my favorites

[Youtube]Z2QSikvZDXA[/youtube]

I liked the energy of St. Anger but could never get over that damn snare drum. 2 guys remade that whole album and it sounds the way Metallica should have recorded it. Fucking Lars...

[Youtube]zCiNPgoGa6M[/youtube]

Back