• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Nation-wide climate strike by students

At least you are honest about it. I wish the mods would be too, because they sure like to pretend otherwise.

It IS otherwise. This site is far and away more conservative active and libertarian, than progressive. It’s average age is ancient AF :laughing it’s got a relatively conservative owner, most it’s admin staff is, a heavy LEO presence, etc

Barf is pretty conservative by and large: I’ve been on it a long time, it
Continues to move right every year.
 
At least you are honest about it. I wish the mods would be too, because they sure like to pretend otherwise.

Well I'll tell ya a secret, we can both push the boundaries a bit because of the range of silent support for both hippies and rednecks from the mods and you'll learn who's who through various subtleties, and not-so-subtleties, over time. The opposing bias' are actually reasonably balanced, with the occasional claims of people from both sides getting away with this and that, but it's pretty close to a wash, imo.
 
It IS otherwise. This site is far and away more conservative active and libertarian, than progressive. It’s average age is ancient AF :laughing it’s got a relatively conservative owner, most it’s admin staff is, a heavy LEO presence, etc

Barf is pretty conservative by and large: I’ve been on it a long time, it
Continues to move right every year.

Poll says otherwise: 3/4 left leaning, 1/4 right leaning. In the KS.
 
Well I'll tell ya a secret, we can both push the boundaries a bit because of the range of silent support for both hippies and rednecks from the mods and you'll learn who's who through various subtleties, and not-so-subtleties, over time. The opposing bias' are actually reasonably balanced, with the occasional claims of people from both sides getting away with this and that, but it's pretty close to a wash, imo.

So the ones here that are friends with the mods get away with it and the others get moderated. Got it.
Btw "Climber" has three posts in the P-Trap thread, but it shows him at 2 and who knows how many ignored just like the one above.

Also interesting how the exact people I expected to pile on any disagreement with the status quo here are immediately present.
 
Not really about friends, more about the optics. If you like to finger kittens and then you see someone fingering a kitten, it looks normal.
 
That's wasn't an underhanded thing, I'm just a fan of silly analogies, especially when it comes to fingering. Now take off ur pants.

TimelyQuickArcticduck-size_restricted.gif
 
So the ones here that are friends with the mods get away with it and the others get moderated. Got it.
Btw "Climber" has three posts in the P-Trap thread, but it shows him at 2 and who knows how many ignored just like the one above.

Also interesting how the exact people I expected to pile on any disagreement with the status quo here are immediately present.
FYI, when I posted that, it was in response to a post that was so overtly political that I didn't realize I was in the KS at the time. By the time I saw that it was in the regular forum, I had already been quoted, probably to preserve what I had posted, even though it was an honest mistake. Look at the time, that is my bed time, I was tired and reacted to something that gets repeatedly done. My bad.

Interesting that you fixated on mine, but not the one I responded to. Perhaps you're biased, yourself?
 
FYI, when I posted that, it was in response to a post that was so overtly political that I didn't realize I was in the KS at the time. By the time I saw that it was in the regular forum, I had already been quoted, probably to preserve what I had posted, even though it was an honest mistake. Look at the time, that is my bed time, I was tired and reacted to something that gets repeatedly done. My bad.

Interesting that you fixated on mine, but not the one I responded to. Perhaps you're biased, yourself?

Not at all interested in your excuses. I would like the moderators to just do what they promised to do. Or don't do it at all for the whole forum.
 
Not at all interested in your excuses. I would like the moderators to just do what they promised to do. Or don't do it at all for the whole forum.

Do you expect the police to show up and stop burglars at your house without you having to deal 9-1-1 also?
 
Not at all interested in your excuses. I would like the moderators to just do what they promised to do. Or don't do it at all for the whole forum.

I've done the same thing as Brett (different instances) when I thought I was in one forum (mod forum) and posted...turns out, it wasn't and everyone read it before I noticed and edited. Oooops....
 
Not at all interested in your excuses. I would like the moderators to just do what they promised to do. Or don't do it at all for the whole forum.

I’m not going to go back and read through this thread. What are you whining about?
 
I've done the same thing as Brett (different instances) when I thought I was in one forum (mod forum) and posted...turns out, it wasn't and everyone read it before I noticed and edited. Oooops....

So do I get to use the same excuse if I slip and reply to the insults and venom of Climber political posts?
 
Back
Top