• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

NEVERMIND! - Best spot to sell a vintage bike

budman

General Menace
Staff member
Administrator
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
I have decided to give up the Ghost on my '75 H1f 500 and sell it as is.

Looking to the hive for the right spot to list it.
It only needs a top end to be right and while that hurts a bit with my failure to find pistons etc. and how damn busy life is it just makes sense to cash out.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Bring a trailer dot com

I've seen bikes that usually sell between $2500-$3500 sell for over $7k on this site.

https://bringatrailer.com/motorcycles/

Butch sold his Porche on that site I think..

Best to find the internet hive of vintage kawi 2 stroke fans, be it a FB group, website, forum, reddit, whatever, and let them know it's available.

Granted, if they are enthusiasts, they will know the value of the bike as it sits and how difficult it may be to complete from it's current state,

and with that offer you 20% of what you'd expect to get.

I'd just PM Mr Lonster, and try to make him buy it. :x:laughing

Give it to me with some money, and I will get the top end done. THEN..., I can ride it around for the summer with a 'For Sale' sign on it, and sell it for you. :laughing

Give it to me with some money, and I will get the top end done. THEN..., I can ride it around for the summer with a 'For Sale' sign on it, and sell it for you. :laughing

there we go ...
knew Mr Lonster would have the easy solution for us. :thumbup:laughing

Share the love.
I was just riding with my pal Eric the Frenchman, and he has all sorts of beautiful restored vintage bikes. I have posted some beauties in the past. I think he wants to clear the herd a bit. Many dirt bikes. Ill try to get some pics so we can drool. Course, I get to see them in da flesh. He has had my TM530 Black Dream for… years?

If you will do that... I could fucking keep it :twofinger

Hey budman I wouldn't just do the top end again with out checking the crank seals out. Didn't you do a top end after you bought it?How many miles did you get on it after the new top end last time. Also did you do the crank at that time? If not I would say your crank seals are bad .

I did not do the top end. I was focused on pretty. :teeth

I rode it maybe 500 miles and it farted. I agree on the cranks seals for sure.

That's why it blew up in 500 miles. I can get you the guy to rebuild it he lives in Castro Valley.

Definitely need to pressure test it. It is probably the crank seals. That doesn't mean it needs a crank rebuild, but it should definitely be checked out. I found some top end kits and a good crank rebuilder, so if Jay's rebuilder can't get to it, let me know and I will continue to work on a 2 stroke guy I know in San Jose.
Thanks for the help Jay.

That's why it blew up in 500 miles. I can get you the guy to rebuild it he lives in Castro Valley.

Will the dude source all the parts.. I also assume no crank. San Jose is closer to me for sure, but CV is not to far out of bounds.

Definitely need to pressure test it. It is probably the crank seals. That doesn't mean it needs a crank rebuild, but it should definitely be checked out. I found some top end kits and a good crank rebuilder, so if Jay's rebuilder can't get to it, let me know and I will continue to work on a 2 stroke guy I know in San Jose.
Thanks for the help Jay.

You found a top end kit??
I have an old high school friend in Campbell that can do it as well. He specializes in two smoke go fast shit, but offered... same deal. Bring me the parts.

Lonster lets chat over the weekend. :teeth

Back