• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

New Era - New Riders, old riders

Can someone use some ai photoshopped image and we can get new era 2.0?

:laughing

Nostalgia is a great thing.

I too miss the many fun events on BARF - passing the "dump trophy", new era, bragging on who has the most posts (after which the post count was hidden from the thread), Fr0ng (keeping him alive with tough love), Z00G, Ride for life event

While there are many social networking sites now, I think sites like BARF, Advrider and a few other select vBulletin sites have a lot to offer for motorcyclists.

One way to get more activity going would be to get group rides revived. I posted a couple of times and only one person showed up.

I came here 22+ years ago to post about my stolen motorcycle.. never left. Learnt so much about motos and made some great lifelong friends too.. I'll be on BARF as long as Budman can keep it going..

I got my first street bike in 2005 and did some group rides at the time. I found that I didn't quite enjoy the groups and thus started becoming more picky with whom I rode. Even stopped riding with certain friends because its not fun worrying about watching friends die doing stupid stuff on motorcycles. I think another thing is that I find myself, and a lot of other people riding less on the street. After 2020 things have really taken a turn on our roads and I don't enjoy riding on the street as much as I once did. I will always have a motorcycle, but riding dirt just seems a lot safer these days.

Dirt has always been safer as long as you are not an aspiring MX racer. Some of us have aged out of dirt so the street still holds the magic happiness ball.

I choose my spots and generally the friends I ride with but there is still good juice to be add on the street.

Crossing fingers and toes I don't have a year like Doc Wong has had in late '23.

I would estimate 50% of the active users.. maybe a tick less. Well represented though :afm199

I'm putting the X in DesertX :cool

I'm 65 and still ride a lot. Mainly sport bikes. When I moved to Shingletown I had to build up a new group of riding friends. Most of these people are in their 20s. Here's a recent conversation I had with my daughter.

"How old is your new riding friend ?"
"24"
"Ewww"

Mad

Yep, a local FB group has some women born after y2k and while I think it's great that new young women are getting into riding, that's not who I'm looking into hanging out with. :afm199
I'm happy to do group rides with youngsters though. I'll sweep and make sure everyone gets home safe.

I concur with the notion that there is likely more rider activity on Facebook and Instagram than on BARF - and I love BARF. Just a guess. Social media has taken over in many ways.

Yes, social media sites are preferred by the young whippersnappers. BARF is a backwater for kids today due phone incompatibility and slow to load (no disrespect Budman, love the site ;-).

Also, I just don't see as many bikes on the road anymore. Interest seems to have waned among the younger crowd.

I feel changes in the wind...

Attachments

• image004-5-copy.jpg
    image004-5-copy.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 3
Back