• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

NewBee - Looking for experienced biker/mechanic to checkout a motorbike I am interested in purchasing

T-800

New member
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Moto(s)
FatBoy, Scout Bobber
Hi, I am brand new to motorcycling (driven cars for years) and haven't taken my MSF course yet (will complete in next couple of weekends). I always wanted to ride a bike and believe I found one, a pre-owned 2023 Indian Scout Bobber, located in Mountain View.

Since I don’t have any rider friends yet, I’m looking for an experienced local biker who would be willing to meet up with me at the seller's garage to help do a quick mechanical inspection (checking for hidden drop damage, fluid leaks, and verifying the paperwork/title details).

I can work around your and seller's schedule. I will happily buy you lunch and a six-pack of your favorite beer or pay for your time!

Looking forward to meeting some local riders and getting on two wheels safely.

Thanks in advance!
 
:newbie T-800

Hope you find your man or woman to help you out!

Do the CMSP Classes and then ride with a :teeth
 
welcome.Good luck in finding great ride.

If you are unable to secure a human to assist you, you can use official service manual and create your own checklist of items off of that . There are youtube videos from fortnine etc. that can help also -

Also, highly recommend buying from a dealer who typically lists motorcycles on consignment for peace of mind (they inspect the bikes before taking on the consignment) - Santa Clara Cycles is short distance away in Sunnyvale for large inventory of used motorcycles. Further out, there are more in Fremont (Fremont suzuki kawasaki) and San Fransisco.
BARF also has Classified sections here: https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/forums/moto-for-sale.70/ that you may want to browse. If something there takes your fancy, if you ask the moderator gods nicely of the listing, they may actually post there for you until you get your own posting rights in the classified section
 
Hi ichabodnt650, Thank you. Are you available on Monday by any chance?
I am retired and am free. Monday works. I have swim in the morning and should be done by 10 am. You can set up your appointment with the seller to view the bike any time. Send me your name and number then we can chat over SMS, Signal, or WhatsApp. —Ich

*** PS I tried to send you a private message but was locked out (new user safety protocol, I'm guessing 🤷‍♂️)
 
I am retired and am free. Monday works. I have swim in the morning and should be done by 10 am. You can set up your appointment with the seller to view the bike any time. Send me your name and number then we can chat over SMS, Signal, or WhatsApp. —Ich

*** PS I tried to send you a private message but was locked out (new user safety protocol, I'm guessing 🤷‍♂️)
Hi, it did not work out this time, hoping for better luck next time. But truly appreciated you willing to help🙏
 
Hi T-800. I live in Mountain View and can help you check the 2023 Indian Scout Bobber you were looking to potentially purchase. --Ich
Hi, it did not work out this time, hoping for better luck next time. But truly appreciated you willing to help🙏
 
Back
Top