• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

One Map to Rule Them All - the Official RoadRatings Map is Here!

rudolfs001

Booty Hunter
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Location
Union City
Moto(s)
KTM 450exc,
VStrom 650,
Buell 1125cr,
VFR800,
TLR,
SV650
Name
Rudy
You've used it, you've loved it, or you've missed out. Regardless, it's been nearly a decade since I started my project to list and rate every good riding road in the Bay, Cali, the US, and the world!

I'm happy to announce that the first version of the official RoadRatings map is now up and ready for your perusal:
When you get a chance to check it out, please share your thoughts, impressions, requests, and feedback in general!

The goal is to make this the ultimate resource for riders to find great riding roads, and to understand which roads best suit their preferred riding style.

(if you're a developer, investor, or wanting to be a test user, please let me know!)
 
Epic. Something we need. Pasnit is a resource.
Anyhow, I am sitting here on Highway 36 E, and I know 36 W is the epic thing. I will take Elfin on it shortly.
 
I'm going to need to spend some time with this. What a mammoth undertaking! The NorCal stuff is solid. I see some roads up in OR that I've ridden that you don't have ratings on yet. Maybe I need to revisit some to, you know, be a service to the community. :teeth
 
Will do some looking tomorrow Rudy.

Congrats on the launch.
Thank you! Any thoughts so far?

Epic. Something we need. Pasnit is a resource.
Anyhow, I am sitting here on Highway 36 E, and I know 36 W is the epic thing. I will take Elfin on it shortly.
It's an absolute delight! Make sure you fill up on gas before you start.

I'm going to need to spend some time with this. What a mammoth undertaking! The NorCal stuff is solid. I see some roads up in OR that I've ridden that you don't have ratings on yet. Maybe I need to revisit some to, you know, be a service to the community. :teeth
Definitely let me know if I'm missing any you know of! There's a "Suggest a Road" button in the bottom bar. I'm planning on adding user reviews soon, so you'll get a chance to add your own thoughts :)
 
I am going to use this to plan my next trip to either Quincy - La Porte or CA-36-Avenue of giants - Lost coast. One feature that I look for (but has not found so far - which is the elevation change. For example, if you click on CA-36 and move the cursor along the route, can the side bar (below ratings etc,) can show elevation change - ideally dynamic - depending on the cursor placement on the highlighted road but static map is fine too.
Since you have ridden those roads, guessing you might have the "tracks" from Garmin or other GPS capturing the elevation change.
 
I am going to use this to plan my next trip to either Quincy - La Porte or CA-36-Avenue of giants - Lost coast. One feature that I look for (but has not found so far - which is the elevation change. For example, if you click on CA-36 and move the cursor along the route, can the side bar (below ratings etc,) can show elevation change - ideally dynamic - depending on the cursor placement on the highlighted road but static map is fine too.
Since you have ridden those roads, guessing you might have the "tracks" from Garmin or other GPS capturing the elevation change.
Great suggestion, added to planned features!
 
Thank you! Any thoughts so far?
Not really. Did not end up with time to dig into it between MotoAmerica, work, the gym and 9ers game.

I did look through and it looks comprehensive, but did not try do a route where you only do part of a road and then to another. I am assuming that is possible and you end up with a map of your selections.
 
Not really. Did not end up with time to dig into it between MotoAmerica, work, the gym and 9ers game.

I did look through and it looks comprehensive, but did not try do a route where you only do part of a road and then to another. I am assuming that is possible and you end up with a map of your selections.
It seems to work good. I picked two routes and clicked Start - it opened in Google Maps with the entire route mapped, including a connecting route from the end of the first to the start of the second.
 
Back
Top