• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

......while I'm at work.
Stop it....just stop.

$5 quality t-shirts is worth a sick day. :laughing

The woman cashiering was laughing at me because of course I had nothing to carry them with so I rolled the shirts up and stuffed them in my jacket "Hans & Franz" style....

"I want to PUMP... you UP!"

Del Puerto Canyon

V88z5pC.jpg

Wl3F7tT.jpg

Lthv8AQ.jpg

CzWXKjf.jpg

H1u81z3.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome cloud action.

Yeah, that third photo is eerie. Reminds me of the smoke a few weeks ago.

Made it up to Berryessa yesterday. These are technically photos of my bike on location, right?

31298924737_9a0539a25b_b.jpg

31299907197_3ccea65b05_b.jpg

45513906704_72f69dc971_b.jpg

32366842208_b316afb08b_b.jpg

went out Reiff Road today, a little muddier than I was expecting (didn't get any pics of the bad areas). not all that sure I could get back up some sections. wouldn't do it alone solo on 17s within a week of rain.

Ctma6Ja.jpg

KNuNOlb.jpg

IPGFkVp.jpg

bYpw6ZG.jpg

"Rossi's driveway" down by Paso Robles this past Saturday. hardly any cars.

Attachments

• 229.jpg
    229.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 76
went out Reiff Road today, a little muddier than I was expecting (didn't get any pics of the bad areas). not all that sure I could get back up some sections. wouldn't do it alone solo on 17s within a week of rain.

Looks like a fun road when it's NOT muddy.

The sign in the last photo is funny - "Weight Limit Zero (0) Tons". That old concrete slab wouldn't hold much weight, but it's got to be good for something.

Last edited:
yeah, I wish I'd thought to take pictures of the muddy areas but I was more focused on staying upright

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397122 has info

179566-L.jpg

given that the bridge is open to pedestrians and bicyclists (the sign past the gate says unsafe for vehicular travel), I figure it'll take me on my WR450 no problem.

the problem with the bridge is mostly that the supports are somewhat undermined

It warmed up above freezing for a little bit, so had to get out for a short ride. This is on Swan Falls Road west of Kuna. I might have to give up doing the annual Christmas ride living where I do now.

OLR9yqI.jpg

It warmed up above freezing for a little bit, so had to get out for a short ride. This is on Swan Falls Road west of Kuna. I might have to give up doing the annual Christmas ride living where I do now.

OLR9yqI.jpg

Great effort. I lived in Sun Valley for 22 years, I think you might be challenged to ride all through the winter.

At the wall two days ago

Attachments

• SV wall.jpg
    SV wall.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 55
Wooden Valley Rd

uOlWrq0.jpg

czlC6ZG.jpg

Berryessa Knoxville

RNcorlB.jpg

0JagLJI.jpg

Ink Grade

BADKxGf.jpg

Last edited:
Bravo Gary, fantastic compositions. Way to go capturing beauty in gritty industrial scenes.

-Bill

Thanks. I do enjoy kicking around in deserted industrial areas, which, interestingly, are often in waterfront locations with beautiful views.

Last edited:
It got up to 45 degrees today, so I had to go for a short ride (70 miles). Warm enough that I WASN'T wishing for heated grips. Here are a few things that I saw along the way:

Out in Kuna (pronounced CUE-Nuh) along Ten Mile Road. About 30 seconds before I was asking myself why on earth I pulled off into the mud where it was freshly plowed, and we had rain overnight.

wsUlEFq.jpg

A dairy farm out on Swan Falls Road. I wish I could share the smell with all of you. :) It's actually not bad, not like a pig farm or anything, but you know you're out in the country as you breathe it in.

LjyUsOG.jpg

Swan Falls Dam in the background. It was the first hydroelectric dam on the Snake River, initially built in 1901. They added on several times. It was used to power the mining equipment in Sliver City right after they first built it.

YkH9QWt.jpg

Down along the Snake River. Notice the white mountains in the background.

yRrMm4T.jpg

Looking the other way up at the cliffs that they have on both sides in this area.

owPlIUI.jpg

Back