• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

my range of motion (if you know what I mean) and gave me a few more exercises to do.
:banana
standing!

Noice! Good recovery wishes.

-

man... so the car also has a "too much radiator fan noise". It blows as if it's overheating. .. I wonder if this really needs a trip to the dealer --- at 58 k miles --- or they really do charge a $300 for a diagnostic...

Great hearing this Kevin. I have been thinking of you. Glad PT is happening.

Every Friday it drives me nuts the landscapers in the neighborhood have their leaf blowers, mowers, weed wackers running for 5-6 hours. There's not enough foliage dropped from the trees weekly and not a ton of square footage of grass to be out here all day every week. These are townhome style houses. Nobody has a lawn. It's just the common areas. Twice a month I think would be enough.

If I have scheduled calls, I take them in my car in the garage with the windows up. It's the only way I can get away from the noise that disrupts the call.

I don't blame them. They're just doing what they're contracted to do by the HOA. However a few weeks ago there was a small accident in the parking lot that left some smashed headlight/taillight debris. So the landscapers can spend hours blowing around imaginary leaves but couldn't be bothered to clean up that up until weeks later. Wasn't even a lot. A small broom and a dustpan would be enough. What I find weird is I've been to HOA meetings (just out of curiosity, they don't care what renters think) and half the people on the board don't even live here. They rent their houses. I don't think it's a crazy thought that to be on the HOA board, you should be a current resident. Making decisions about a community you don't even live in anymore seems odd. Maybe that's just me.

Reactions: GAJ
What I find weird is I've been to HOA meetings (just out of curiosity, they don't care what renters think) and half the people on the board don't even live here. They rent their houses. I don't think it's a crazy thought that to be on the HOA board, you should be a current resident. Making decisions about a community you don't even live in anymore seems odd. Maybe that's just me.
funny. I just realized my friend was the head of the HOA board, too, and AFAIK he's never ever lived in his condo, ever since he bought and renovated it. :dunno

"weird" is one way to blovingly put it

Amtrak to Berkeley and then the bus to the stadium is the way to go, imo.
I love public transit. I ride the heck out of MUNI when in SF. I like calling in nice drivers - you know, the ones who drive smoothly when the bus is packed and are friendly with the people getting on and off. :) The operators at 311 are always pleasantly surprised I am calling in cheers instead of a complaint.

It's one of those jobs where people are not usually calling to say how well things are going!

Good of you to do.
it's easy to complain but someone has to royally fuck up for me to bother spreading nasty vibes.

i usually ask the driver for their badge number and let them know it's to give them kudos, which makes them happy. it's lovely to have people who give a fuck about their job and i feel it's worth calling in to let employers know about the good ones. it's a 5-7 minute walk from my muni stop to work or to home and that's usually just enough time to spread some good energy and complete the call.

i no longer ride a motorcycle to get around SF so a comfy and safe ride for the days i don't want to walk is a beautiful thing.

I think there's an online version for the commendation comment erhm form, too

if you think it's more convenient

Back