• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Squid catch-of-the-day

Oh, c'mon, at least he was wearing a shirt. And a helmet. I think your sense of :squid liness needs to be recalibrated.

attachment.php

locked elbows ftw

I used to ride like this when i was a teenage till i became a Firefighter and realized what asphalt does to flesh and bone. No matter how hot it is wear your gear Haole!!

Going over 17 towards Santa Cruz during evening commute hours.

Come on, dude! You have a nice bike and a totally decent body. You even have a cool satchel. Do not squander these gifts!

squid.jpg

Gear rundown:

Boots: X
Pants: X
Jacket: X
Spine: X
Gloves: X
Helmet: Check!

i couldn't believe you took your hand off the wheel to take a pic of the dude, you could have lost control and injure the rider. hahaha just kidding.

33.jpg

Pulled from another site....nice boots....lol

Gotta protect the pedicure. That stuff's expensive!

The thing that gets me about the original pic is that he/she is about an inch away from a seriously burnt heal. If you've ever considered riding in flip-flops, take a look at this picture and think again - even if you don't crash, them exhaust pipes are HOTHOTHOT!

caught as a squid one day.....

unfortunately I fall victim of this squidillydidilly mistake less than a 1/4 mile from my home. I've crashed a few times before and had the proper gear but by luck of the draw on a typical day when it was a scorcher out, I took an innocent stroll to go pick up sumthin' up at the store I flew over some train tracks that made my front end wobble and get loose, bars did a mean tank slaper and I had to ditch... I was only wearing a shirt. and here are the results.

roadrash001.jpg

sever road rash and a separted shoulder are some gifts of reminder of what to expect when you crash without gear!
IMAGE_150.jpg

someone should start a thread that depicts the aftermath of a squids demise or hospital visit...

unfortunately I fall victim of this squidillydidilly mistake less than a 1/4 mile from my home.
someone should start a thread that depicts the aftermath of a squids demise or hospital visit...

How about a little warning before posting pics like that?! :mad

Back