• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

StonyBARF 19, Sept 26-29, 2024

Entrance Combination Lock Code: 0361

I'll put that in the first post. We will arrive Friday night with just electric mtn bikes. We have to attend to responsibilities at the cabin in Mineral (Lassen) because of the fire. i think it is prolly 100% contained. Edit 99%

Last edited:
FWIW there’s a scheduled work party out of Faust Soring the 28th anyone up for some trail work bring your gear.

I'm out for this one.:(
I injured my left arm last March and in August it still hurt a little so I went to the doctor to check it out. He said I had a torn rotator cuff and a partial biceps tendon tear. The doctor did his magic and put everything back together again so now I'm staying home and going to rehab for awhile.
Its been 6 weeks since the surgery and have to wait until November or December or longer before I can start riding again.
Gonna miss you guys and the ribs too but I am planning on going the Barf ride in the spring.

Last edited:
Hey do you guys know what's the nearest fuel/how much range we should get to camp with? We'll be coming down from Red Bluff

Stonyford General Store is 9mi from Gray Pine. But they close early (7pm), so if you get gas at Maxwell Chevron on the way in, you'll be out 40mi of gas when you get to camp.

Id like to show up for the weekend, can I just pay when I get there? been along time since I've been to one
Craig, someone can collect some $$ from you at camp. Easier if you paypal Butch at motobutch@gmail.com. :thumbup

Speaking of which, I just sent you $20 via paypal Butch. Thanks again for reserving the space.

And for folks that have never been, don't forgot your swim trunks/suit. Nice swimming hole in the clean clear river where folks gather in the afternoon when hot with their favorite beverage. It's less than a couple hundred yards away. The hole is where you'll find me semi submerged on my lawn chair in the afternoons. :laughing

Everyone is welcome for whatever, plenty of room and all that stuff.

and payment is way casual, like whatever...

We had so much fun last StonyBARF we're coming back! Sometime Friday depending on work. PP sent.

Chris and Lynda Wirth, with a couple of dual sports, an old trailer and a new pup.
Oh, and ice cream, duh. And maybe Pepto in case that damned jalapeno bread comes crawling back this time.

Back