The Awesome Videos Thread!

I love the Camero, but is there any part of this car that is original Chevrolet? In the day they were awesome as a DZ302 car, but it would never pass a newer generation Vette. I appreciate the heavy, slow, poorly cornering, and even worse breaking Chevy.

I hear you. and Amen!:thumbup

Well, the drivetrain and suspension are both more stock than you would think, and more modified than it would appear. (and visa-versa) But compared to the "pro-touring" things that are getting built these days, it's archaic!
One of my biggest complaints/advise to the owner revolves around how much of this car is street car-ish. I tell him to stop trying to make it a "real" race car, because the car started as a "hot street" car and the parts show it. (Not REAL race parts, and real RACE placement of parts) It was even an all steel, original SS, until it hit the end of the pit lane wall just a few years ago.

So at that time, it got a bunch of fiberglass thrown at it.
The front clip, hood, doors and trunk are glass.

The suspension has fairly trick geometry, with the front comprising of a Global West "stage 5 GT" kit. That's tubular arms, but could still run stock springs, modified Ford truck spindles, relocated upper A-arm mounts, polyurethane bushings, and big Wilwood brakes.
And the Rear comprising of a ford 9" hung by a 3 link-arm suspension with a Watts link, and Wilwood disk brakes back here too.
And Penske Shocks.

But the tub is all original, with welded in subframe connectors, and the original subframe, steering box, radiator support, headlights and brackets up front. The darn thing even still has a headliner, domelight, a full dash, and more of the interior plastic than I care for. (because they built the cage to clear it all, and that puts it closer to the driver. Which I don't like.

It still weighs 3228 lbs.:wtf

But what it really has, is a big thumping engine... and a lot of quality track tuning time.
The driver that set the record has more than a dozen championships, and is a GREAT chassis tuning guy. Currently, he's 3.6 seconds a lap faster than the owner! (who is no slouch either)

And we do have about a 150hp advantage over that Z06 in the Vid
that guy's plate reads "405hp"...
We make 554hp/505lbs. from a 389c.i. Donovan aluminum small block. :teeth

Believe it or not... we think there's still about 2.5-3 more seconds left in the car just from cleaning up the underhood aero...:party

what I learned from the above post . . . if you want a chevy to go fast, put ford parts in it.

This isn't awesome per se, but is because I TOOK IT WITH MY PHONE TODAY

youtu.be/0KyzPpOD9PY

That is a 2003, V10 Ferrari F1 car at Infineon Raceway. And I was 20 yards from it.

FUCK YEAH!

You need a sound system with a lot of power and a great sub (turned up to house shaking level) to get the right effect of this video. I made this for all the people who dreamed of seeing a launch in person but were never able to make the trip themselves (myself included).

Using dozens of different video sources and countless audio versions of Shuttle launches I mixed this little clip together to mimic as close an experience to the real thing as I could. I know that the exact sequence of countdown events is somewhat compressed and not time-accurate but I was going more for the 'feel' of a high energy launch experience rather than a technical documentary. Throttle Up and SRB Separation are sounds as might be heard from onboard acoustic transducers picking up resonant vibration in the vehicle's structure.

Please take care not to damage your sound equipment during playback. I did not do anything to boost the low frequency roar of the Shuttle during liftoff but the SRB and SSME thrust noise may be taxing to even high quality sub-woofers and speaker cones if played too loud.

For those who sit through the last few frames you can catch a glimpse of my home theater system I built a couple of years ago. This video really is best viewed at 165 inches or better!

youtu.be/OnoNITE-CLc

Woah. My little Genelecs could barely manage that. Amazing

Back