• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The loneliest roads in America

I like riding 139 to visit The Tramp. I was surprised at the traffic in September but it was the repaving. Always enjoyed 50 although in the scenic western section of Utah it’s also I-70. I think distance to fuel is an indicator of traffic for bikes, I’m sure I can go from Austin to Ely but always get gas in Eureka. My favorite lonely high fun quotient road is still Ca 168 to Nv 266.

For me one of the emptiest roads is Hi 6 from Bishop to Ely, Nevada. My mother grew up in Ely. Used to make the trek at least once a year to see Grandparents. Makes Hi 50 look busy. Scenery is huge. Tonapah is a sort of functioning ghost town. There is nothing from Tonapah to Ely. Hard to keep the paranoid thoughts at bay when it is that empty.

Back