• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Vintage vid thread

Vintage 8mm film

Hi all. Long time, no see.
Just thought I’d share this film clip. It’s 8 minutes of 8mm film shot during the late 30’s in or around Eugene, Oregon during the 1930’s.
Pretty random stuff, but authentic. I was given 10 reels of film, each 200 ft, or about 15 minutes. I had it professionally scanned to mpeg format about 3 years ago. The film was on its last legs, and would probably not have held up for more than a couple more passes through a projector
Hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/S9c5exfR5YU

Thanks for sharing. Great footage.
I love the cars in the background during the slalom section. Beautiful.

Hi all. Long time, no see.
Just thought I’d share this film clip. It’s 8 minutes of 8mm film shot during the late 30’s in or around Eugene, Oregon during the 1930’s.
Pretty random stuff, but authentic. I was given 10 reels of film, each 200 ft, or about 15 minutes. I had it professionally scanned to mpeg format about 3 years ago. The film was on its last legs, and would probably not have held up for more than a couple more passes through a projector
Hope you enjoy it!

[YOUTUBE]S9c5exfR5YU[/YOUTUBE]

https://youtu.be/S9c5exfR5YU

:wave:thumbup

Thanks for sharing. Great footage.
I love the cars in the background during the slalom section. Beautiful.

+1 ... wonderful history! really enjoyed it and thanks for all the hard work preserving the old film, Carlo, can’t imagine that it’s trivial. :gsxrgrl

Magoo wins the French MXGP.

Nice after race interview with him at the end.

[YOUTUBE]sseb1rJBn_I[/YOUTUBE]

That is awesome John. :thumbup

I am amazed at how many guys I can name as their #'s fly by.
The champ changing his own tires... how things have changed.

So many good times at the SJ Mile. First one was 1969 I believe thanks to a friends father who would pack up his sons friends and take us out there.

Certainly helped that young lad get addicted to the sport.

I think this showed up on barf but I thought I would add to this thread. Pretty good.

Quite a few links have gone dead. Must have been copyright our something. :dunno

Go to 19;36 for Butch's twin giving an explanation on what it is like riding a motorcycle.
It goes for almost 2 min's and is... Really cool. :thumbup

[YOUTUBE]cy4koDhiAB0[/YOUTUBE]

Must be a Ricky Graham fan or two here.

[YOUTUBE]wGN0HKuDgRo[/YOUTUBE]

I know.. on a Honda. Still love me some RG.

To help the Harley classic flat track fan I present....

[YOUTUBE]363HRmYPfCQ[/YOUTUBE]

I think this showed up on barf but I thought I would add to this thread. Pretty good.

Quite a few links have gone dead. Must have been copyright our something. :dunno

Go to 19;36 for Butch's twin giving an explanation on what it is like riding a motorcycle.
It goes for almost 2 min's and is... Really cool. :thumbup

[YOUTUBE]cy4koDhiAB0[/YOUTUBE]

Was watching this doc with my 2.5 year old son last week. Every time they had a shot of a start or a bunch of bikes attacking a corner together, he'd exclaim "Go, bikes! Go, bikes! Go, bikes!"

Ha...! Nice.

I remember my son being so exited seeing motorcycles on the street when young. He knew I was into it and it became a bonding thing when he point to them and said
"Daddy.. mo sci guy... mo sci guy"

Keeping the old school fun going! All you need is a pre-1916 bike to join the fun!

"Cannon Ball" Baker started the fun.

[YOUTUBE]wn5RHvSglDM[/YOUTUBE]

This one is for Butch.

Farm Chemicals help make a revolutionary bike with revolutionary advertising.

[YOUTUBE]mJPdPKj39Eg[/YOUTUBE]

The Ace 90 blurred my 11 yo eyes... F@@@@@@CKing fast. :teeth

The vid gets life deep moody at the end discussing how the company died. Kind of cool. Thank you Hodaka.

this is brilliant … about Mr Honda, the IoM and the Grand Prix championship series, and why we race motorcycles:

[YOUTUBE]GXIxg8IsUPI[/YOUTUBE]

tl/dr:
“The time of opportunity has arrived.”
—Soichiro Honda​

Last edited:
for the Honda fans among us, found these vids mesmerizing.

provide some insight into how much work goes into resurrecting/restoring some of the old sport bikes we grew up with, now that we’re all getting vintage …

“Restoration Of A Ruined Legend - Honda VFR 400 NC30” engine work:

[YOUTUBE]-JQYbBePg20[/YOUTUBE]

and body and paint restoration:

[YOUTUBE]aatFcVsmC0Y[/YOUTUBE]

he says he never wants to do another VFR400R resto, having finished this one. :laughing

Last edited:
Dug the 6 cyl vid. :thumbup

Quite the speech by Mr. Honda.

More to watch now. :teeth

Back