• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What Do You Think Are The Top 10 Moto Movies of All Time?

WaveMotoCoffee

Fresh Roasted Coffee Fuel
Moto(s)
2-Strokes, Vintage Cafe, Italian Stallions, Scooters. Dirt, Collectibles
Name
WMC
:cool If you were to introduce a new motorcyclist to only 10 motorcycle movies AND/OR take to an island for the end of time, if only ten, what would they be?

On Any Sunday I & II, The Great Escape . . .

Give us your all BARF :afm199

-WMC :thumbup

:ride

Attachments

• OnAnySunday-mcqueen2.jpg
    OnAnySunday-mcqueen2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 161
  • greatescape_lowres.jpg
    greatescape_lowres.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 154
  • BurtMunro-Bonneville.jpg
    BurtMunro-Bonneville.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 160
  • FASTER-MOV.jpg
    FASTER-MOV.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 153
  • GOOSE-MM.jpg
    GOOSE-MM.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 164
  • WILD-ONE.jpg
    WILD-ONE.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 162
  • easy-rider-43.jpg
    easy-rider-43.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 158
Gonna be hard pressed to get 10 good motorcycle movies.
Show them the ktm YouTube page. The one where new bikes are being introduced with rider ripping around abandoned industrial sites.

As far as getting the bug in to people, "Easy Riders". That movie helped many fall in love with the idea of motorcycling.
As far as being satisfying for those of us that already had the bug. "On any Sunday" should be at the top. Nothing else I've seen since got it so right.

Gonna be hard pressed to get 10 good motorcycle movies.
Show them the ktm YouTube page. The one where new bikes are being introduced with rider ripping around abandoned industrial sites.

No kidding. I don’t know if I could come up with 10 watchable motorcycle movies and half are documentaries.

Wait which one had two chicks battling it on motorcycles?

Would have been easier to ask for Worst 10 Motor Movies off All Time. Then select from the 1 or 2 not making that list.

I agree with animalmutha, that the best ones are documentaries. "On Any Sunday", of course, and "Dust to Glory", which everyone knows about.

One you might not have heard of is "World's Fastest Motorcycle". It's a full-length film, but was stitched together from a 3-part Speed Channel presentation with Dave Despain about three bikes going for the (wheel-driven) motorcycle land speed record at Bonneville in 2006. I have it on DVD but didn't find it via Google because every result was "World's Fastest Indian".

It's been 30 years since I watched it, but I seem to recall that "Silver Dream Racer" wasn't terrible. Watching the trailer, though, maybe it was worse than I remember:

[youtube]P19ViS4Bh7k[/youtube]

Not quite terrible was "Knight Riders" from George Romero, possibly Ed Harris' debut. Spoiler alert: The movie never really pays off the CBX tease in the trailer.

[YOUTUBE]Rz9OdHOn0hc[/YOUTUBE]

Definitely not terrible is "Electra Glide in Blue" with Robert Blake:

[YOUTUBE]_ql3l9C_qQ4[/YOUTUBE]

I recently watched the "Then Came Bronson" pilot episode. It's a reasonably good standalone motorcycle movie even without the single season that followed:

[YOUTUBE]iG6cWzL_ADc[/YOUTUBE]

It's not even a motorcycle movie. But this scene cast a spell on me that's never been broken.

[YOUTUBE]sei4BaKQBr4[/YOUTUBE]

I was born into bikes, but I think my commitment to the lifestyle was born of this when I was 6.

[youtube]0Ip8IpE8pjw[/youtube]

:cool If you were to introduce a new motorcyclist to only 10 motorcycle movies AND/OR take to an island for the end of time, if only ten, what would they be?

On Any Sunday I & II, The Great Escape . . .

Give us your all BARF :afm199

-WMC :thumbup

:ride

What is the fifth pic from? I do not recognize it, or even the actor.

Back