• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post your best pussycat photos here! (FELINES ONLY!)

Mr. Cookie

896a0411.jpg
19e9e015.jpg

8f9b53ca.jpg
85c6fefc.jpg
 
Loooove Mr Cookie!
 
No photos today, but just wanted to share with ya'll.

Have always used the Fresh Step brand, clay based cat litter. The stuff clumps well and covers odors well. What I didn't like was the dust. The heavy grey clay dust was on everything, and I could smell it when I vacuumed. I have a bag-less, clear canister vacuum that shows what you pull up off the floor. Every other day I vacuum and consistently that canister would get a big pile of very fine grey clay dust in it.

Deciding that I didn't want Miner's Lung, it was time to try something new. Arm & Hammer makes this stuff that is made from ground up corn husks. It clumps well enough, but doesn't cover odor as well as the Fresh Step. Nothing that lighting a match can't cure, and the benefits outweigh the trade-offs in my opinion. Drastically reduced dust in the apartment! The vacuum is pulling up far less dust now that the clay litter has been gone for a month. Much less dust on the surfaces of everything as well.

Overall, I feel like the trade for marginally less effective clumping and odor masking is a cost I am willing to accept for better health, and a cleaner home.
 
Oh I see where this is going. I couldn't be happier with "World's Best Cat Litter" We buy it at PetClub as it goes on sale every other week. Its not cheap at $14 per 15 lb bag, but it has NO ODOR, and very little dust. It is also corn based. Ok I could be happier if it was half the price.
 
Oh I see where this is going. I couldn't be happier with "World's Best Cat Litter" We buy it at PetClub as it goes on sale every other week. Its not cheap at $14 per 15 lb bag, but it has NO ODOR, and very little dust. It is also corn based. Ok I could be happier if it was half the price.

I'll give that stuff a shot. Thanks for the heads up
 
I do believe Petclub also sells the larger bag for $29.99, agreed on the powder though.
We have three cats, and two boxes and change them every sunday.
 
WOW! :wow

At $30 a bag, I'd have to eat my cats to afford buying that stuff!

We're liking the 42# containers of the LitterMate stuff from Costco for $11. We have 3 cats and have to clean it twice a day, morning/night. We're also using one of those large, covered shitter boxes sitting on top of a Coco Mat so dust isn't an issue and the cling on stuff get's caught in the mat when the kittehs come out.

On another subject while I'm here...

Anyone feed their kittehs any Greens? Aside from our old and scrappy 17 y/o female who earned her right to do whatever the hell she wants, the 2 Boyz are not allowed outside except occasionally only under my watchful eye. When they do get that treat, they bail right to my skanky ol' lady neighbors house where her grass is about 12" tall. They mack the nice juvenile grass shoots like it was a nice Shrimp Louie salad.

We have a gardner so there isn't a decent weed to be found for my little goats so we're thinking about growing a flat of something to satisfy their urge and dietary requirement.

What do ya'll do?
 
Last edited:
Anyone feed their kittehs any Greens? Aside from our old and scrappy 17 y/o female who earned her right to do whatever the hell she wants, the 2 Boyz are not allowed outside except occasionally only under my watchful eye. When they do get that treat, they bail right to my skanky ol' lady neighbors house where her grass is about 12" tall. They mack the nice juvenile grass shoots like it was a nice Shrimp Louie salad.

We have a gardner so there isn't a decent weed to be found for my little goats so we're thinking about growing a flat of something to satisfy their urge and dietary requirement.

What do ya'll do?

Besides the standard kitty grass, the girls both like Spring Mix salad from the grocery store. Joshie LOVES cooked broccoli and will meow/beg when I am steaming it.
 
No photos today, but just wanted to share with ya'll.

Have always used the Fresh Step brand, clay based cat litter. The stuff clumps well and covers odors well. What I didn't like was the dust. The heavy grey clay dust was on everything, and I could smell it when I vacuumed. I have a bag-less, clear canister vacuum that shows what you pull up off the floor. Every other day I vacuum and consistently that canister would get a big pile of very fine grey clay dust in it.

Deciding that I didn't want Miner's Lung, it was time to try something new. Arm & Hammer makes this stuff that is made from ground up corn husks. It clumps well enough, but doesn't cover odor as well as the Fresh Step. Nothing that lighting a match can't cure, and the benefits outweigh the trade-offs in my opinion. Drastically reduced dust in the apartment! The vacuum is pulling up far less dust now that the clay litter has been gone for a month. Much less dust on the surfaces of everything as well.

Overall, I feel like the trade for marginally less effective clumping and odor masking is a cost I am willing to accept for better health, and a cleaner home.

One of our kitties developed a minor case of asthma, triggered by litter dust, which means we've now tried just about everything known to man (or feline.)

Including that arm and hammer stuff...it's a cheap copy of this:

http://swheatscoop.com/

You might try that instead, ours are pretty happy with. We've tried some very good litter that they just wont use, but they seem okay with this, and no more attacks.
 
I love that video

Soon to come, Tom is taming. My orange tabby really could use a home. He is VERY social with other cats and would not be a happy only cat. Anyone need company for their kitten?
 
oh my dog that penguin is TOO cute.
 
Don't let that cute Penguin Video fool you. Never turn your back on a Penguin. Didn't you guys see Feathers McGraw in Wallace & Gromit's "Wrong Trousers?"

Evil, sinister penguin.

:rofl
 
Tom is VERY shy with people but loves other kitties. He is actually one very sweet boy.
 
Here's 2 newer additions, Blaze and Izzy. We have an old tabby (named OJ) that has ruled the house until these two!

Early days
IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg


Now . . . at 1 year old
Blaze
IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg


Izzy
Loves drinking from the sink . . . and toilet!
IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg


Most amazing eyes
IMG_0065.jpg
 
why'd you post that?
 
Cause I don't like people messing with animals, and think it's funny when it backfires on them? :thumbup to agile kitty?

edit - removed anyway, in retrospect it should have gone in the GIFs thread. Not my kid/kitty/etc.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top