• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF PIT HO Rally May 12 - 14

budman

General Menace
Staff member
Administrator
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
This year's Pit Ho Rally is wandering to a new spot… Morro Bay!!

It will be from Friday, May 12th to Sunday May 14th. This location is pretty cool. We stayed there in Sept of last year.

Super clean and reasonable for a Destination City. You can ride down HWY 1 or wander 25/ Peachtree to 101 and over 41 from 101 and there should be time to do a up and back on Rossi’s Driveway.. Saturday you can head south to 58 and beyond or go check out the Pozo Saloon or do the extreme and go to Ojai over 33 or go check out Pismo Beach!!

These Rallies are great for young or newer riders too.

Our hotel for the weekend is:
Rockview Inn & Suites
I have blocked 10 doubles to keep it affordable. If you want a single call them and even if you don't want a single call and tell them you want one of the blocked rooms. I did not block single rooms so if that is your thing... get on the horn!! Tell them you are with the Dennis Kobza group. They are not holding the rooms until March so please get on it!!

It's clean, the owners are nice and I really enjoyed it. It is a good value for a prime time destination.We are getting $50 plus off a night. ($248 Double Occ.)
1080 Market Ave Morro Bay, CA 93442, United States :flag (805) 772-1259

There are other hotels nearby:
Beach Bungalow
Best Western Tradewinds

:twofinger REGISTER HERE! :twofinger

Tentative Attendees:
Budman - Rally Master*
CDONA*
Chill*
dravnx
DR_SLO*
Erin B *
firewatch*
flying_hun* and Dom* and a Mystery guest*
Go Go*
HIglesias *
khl *
Larry Kahn*
Lunch Box*
mikail *
Momo-San*
mootsmadness
N4teTheGreat*
NorCal Factory*
Planegray*
prymnumber
Ruby *
SFMCjohn*
sri4kanne*
ThinkFast*
ThumperX*
TrplGrl*
Weeweno?*
2wheelswideopen*

* = REGISTERED

Attachments

• Pit Ho 23 rally.jpg
    Pit Ho 23 rally.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Booked! Now, are there any roads left to get down there on? :ride

:thumbup

There are a few others that I did not mention. A nice goaty one Santa Rosa Creek Rd. from Cambria back to 1 that I have ridden with Butch. Hun is aware of it.

Naciemento off 1 by Naciemento Lake too of course. That is also a bit goaty right off 1 and then gets country pretty with a quaint country store along the way.

The standard route to get to Morrow bay is Hollister 25 to Peach Tree/Indian Valley/River Rd to Paso. There are miles of great roads around that area for the Saturday ride. 229, 58, both sections of Santa Rosa Creek Rd, lunch at the Parkfield Cafe is not to be missed. We're gonna have a great time.

Back loop to Cambria from Morro Bay is doable on minis, haven't yet this year to see what washed out. No official notice of road closure. Pie run.

I spent an afternoon on 229 a couple of years ago, 12 miles Creston to 58.
Last 6 miles is the good stuff @ the 58 end. Posted washout maybe in the first 6 miles

For those in for the Pismo meeting next Tuesday, there is a Taco Temple on that street, too.

Booked. Two rooms. One for me, and another for my Brit riding buddy, Dom.

There are SO many fun roads down that way that we'll be able to find fun stuff. Not sure what route we'll take. If Dom feels like he'd be missing out if he doesn't experience 1, we'll do that and ride up Santa Rosa Creek Road (assuming the creek didn't wash it out). Maybe we'll some down 25. Maybe we'll go to Talbott in CV before heading out to Cachagua, then down towards Lake Nacimiento and those epic roads just west of Paso (Peachy Canyon, etc.) Lots of choices. Something will be ride-able.

Of course, my choice for day 2, if the roads are there, will include Rossi's, maybe swing past the Pozo Saloon, Tepusquet, Foxen Canyon, Camino Cielo (long shot), 33 and 58 back to Rossi's.

Then Dom and I will head east toward the Sierra to begin our counter clockwise loop of California. :ride

:thumbup

There are a few others that I did not mention. A nice goaty one Santa Rosa Creek Rd. from Cambria back to 1 that I have ridden with Butch. Hun is aware of it.

Naciemento off 1 by Naciemento Lake too of course. That is also a bit goaty right off 1 and then gets country pretty with a quaint country store along the way.

where Santa Rosa Creek Rd meets Hwy 46, you can cross Hwy 46 and it's Old Creek Rd, which will take you into Cayucos. As of the last time I was on it a couple years ago, it was a bit less goaty than Santa Rosa Creek, but still lots of bends.

I forgot it changed names but yeah... it is a fun ride.

In!

Booked! Now, are there any roads left to get down there on? :ride
booked, so we’ll see … :ride

Yes and yes! Ima gonna do some poking around down their end of Feb and March. So, we’ll see…. :ride

Booked. Two rooms. One for me, and another for my Brit riding buddy, Dom.

There are SO many fun roads down that way that we'll be able to find fun stuff. Not sure what route we'll take. If Dom feels like he'd be missing out if he doesn't experience 1, we'll do that and ride up Santa Rosa Creek Road (assuming the creek didn't wash it out). Maybe we'll some down 25. Maybe we'll go to Talbott in CV before heading out to Cachagua, then down towards Lake Nacimiento and those epic roads just west of Paso (Peachy Canyon, etc.) Lots of choices. Something will be ride-able.

Of course, my choice for day 2, if the roads are there, will include Rossi's, maybe swing past the Pozo Saloon, Tepusquet, Foxen Canyon, Camino Cielo (long shot), 33 and 58 back to Rossi's.

Then Dom and I will head east toward the Sierra to begin our counter clockwise loop of California. :ride

That day-2 loop :leghump

We are not spending the night so back home is the deal for me and I would think for most.

Not sure of our route. Probably inland by Lake naciemento over to Peach Tree maybe Rossi’s driveway and Landing Chute for lunch in Creston. :dunno

Thank you for the quick reply. One last question, is there a departure time and meetup place leaving the Bay Area. I would be coming from Sacramento and would like to ride down in the 'group'.

We would meet up in San Jose at Snell Bux. There will be a private forum with all details once you sign up with eventzilla (no cost).

That should be available this week.

Cheers to the :ride

Thank you for the quick reply. One last question, is there a departure time and meetup place leaving the Bay Area. I would be coming from Sacramento and would like to ride down in the 'group'.

Rallies are not typical group rides. Even when we all leave from the same spot, we don't all ride as a group. Some groups form. Some ride solo. Some folks leave one group and join another. People take different routes and ride different paces. What's cool is seeing other participants out on the road, then trading stories at the end of the day.

Eventzilla Registration now open. See first post!

Did some :ride about town, dodging road patching. MB is panel patching city streets this week.

I stopped by the RockView, sounds like Alcatraz, could be the subject for youse guyz to feel all homey.

Blowing the :party roof off in May, might be expensive to redo, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_4662.jpg
    IMG_4662.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
Registered. Campsite booked at Morro Strand State Beach :)

Looking forward to seeing you fine folks. It's been too long! :ride

Back