• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF PIT HO Rally May 12 - 14

That's awesome, Kurt! Looking forward to meeting him.

Awesome to have someone so experienced join us! :Port

:newbie Dutch Peter

That's awesome, Kurt! Looking forward to meeting him.

I think you're going to enjoy him. He may already be registered on BARF. I seem to remember him posting here once, but I don't recall his screen name.

When Dom told me he was bringing a mystery guest, my first question was, "Can he do big days? We're going to do some big days." Dom said not to worry.

Last time I saw Peter, we had met for lunch at a hotel in St. Leonhard, South Tyrol, Italy. After lunch, we rode over Jaufen Pass together, then Peter headed back to The Netherlands, and got home that night. Check it out. That is a looonnnngggg haul. Peter is going to be just fine. :laughing

Yes!!! I look forward to trying to keep up with you guys on a marathon ride!

Yes!!! I look forward to trying to keep up with you guys on a marathon ride!

I predict it won't be a problem for you. :ride

The plan is to do a big loop on Saturday. You should join us.

I predict it won't be a problem for you. :ride

The plan is to do a big loop on Saturday. You should join us.

I'm not riding nearly as much as I would like these past few years, and I'm on a proper old man bike these days. An older one, at that. That said, if you would have me, I would love to tag along on Saturday's loop! I assume I should pack lunch and dinner? :ride

I'm not riding nearly as much as I would like these past few years, and I'm on a proper old man bike these days. An older one, at that. That said, if you would have me, I would love to tag along on Saturday's loop! I assume I should pack lunch and dinner? :ride

A lunch at least. Google Maps won't let me map it right now, but I'm guessing > 400 miles. Morro Bay -> Creston -> Rossi's -> Santa Margarita -> Tepusquet -> Foxen Canyon -> Camino Cielo (if it's open) -> Ojai -> Lake of the Woods -> Taft -> 58 -> Rossi's (uphill) -> Morro Bay.

Subject to change without notice. Some of these roads may be washed out and not open, so we'll freelance as needed.

Looks like a proper day.

I am thinking part of that route myself. About 250 miles part. :laughing

Looks like a proper day.

I am thinking part of that route myself. About 250 miles part. :laughing

+1. That’s about a good day for me, too. Bikes on kickstands no later than 5. Cocktail/beer in hand by 5:15.

My route should accommodate 5ish. :Port

A lunch at least. Google Maps won't let me map it right now, but I'm guessing > 400 miles. Morro Bay -> Creston -> Rossi's -> Santa Margarita -> Tepusquet -> Foxen Canyon -> Camino Cielo (if it's open) -> Ojai -> Lake of the Woods -> Taft -> 58 -> Rossi's (uphill) -> Morro Bay.

Subject to change without notice. Some of these roads may be washed out and not open, so we'll freelance as needed.

Only 400 miles? You're getting soft, Kurt. :laughing

Sounds like a fun day! :ride :party

Only 400 miles? You're getting soft, Kurt. :laughing

Sounds like a fun day! :ride :party

Soft. Old. Take your pick. :afm199

Slowing down too. :(

It will be a good day. Particularly if Camino Cielo is open. It's so much fun to ride that road.

You and I both, sir. Looking forward to riding with you soon. It's been far too long. :ride

This is exactly what I'll be needing!

Hopefully I'll get chance to tag along :)

It would be a blast to ride with you again, Stefan. It's been awhile....

Haven’t been on a rally since like 2012. I’d like to go! Good motivation to fix my BMW. I’ll register for real once I get moving on that. Hopefully won’t take too long. The thing’s a mess.

Back