• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF PIT HO Rally May 12 - 14

Should be a fun ride out there from Albuquerque. I am already thinking about route options :D

Hey John! I picked up a 2009 R1200RT here in Albuquerque. So far, it seems like a fantastic machine. I honestly prefer to camp most of the time. I'll spend most of my time riding and hanging out with people at the main rally site, but having a nice quiet campsite to which I can retreat at the end of the day sounds pretty good :p

Hey John! I picked up a 2009 R1200RT here in Albuquerque. So far, it seems like a fantastic machine. I honestly prefer to camp most of the time. I'll spend most of my time riding and hanging out with people at the main rally site, but having a nice quiet campsite to which I can retreat at the end of the day sounds pretty good :p

cool, the R1200RT are great bikes, congrats! :thumbup

be a nice 900 mile trip for you from ABQ to Morro Bay, will be interested to hear which way you decide to go ... :ride

I like to camp on my way to BARF rallies, so I'm usually ready for a motel bed by the time I get there. :facepalm:laughing

see you soon, brother, totally psyched! :gsxrgrl:party

I may end up wussing out and begging for floor space, but I doubt it. I have decent camping gear and I really do enjoy the experience. Usually. :p

Baja is on the way to Morro Bay, right? ;)

Beach camping should be fun.

Not sure exactly where it is but long nice beach heading north from the rock.

Should be a fun ride out there from Albuquerque. I am already thinking about route options :D

If you’re the tin foil hat type Aaron you could head south and then right at Socorro to the Very Large Array. With a stop at Pie Town of course.

If you’re the tin foil hat type Aaron you could head south and then right at Socorro to the Very Large Array. With a stop at Pie Town of course.

The VLA is pretty cool, indeed. I haven't checked out pie town, though....

^
Looks gorgeous. Looking forward to this soooooo much! :ride

Hey, where's the secret forum?

I got a speeding ticket there by the Very Large Array. New Mexico speeding tickets are a scam.And whatever you do, don't get pulled over in Demming, NM.

It will be lit up by Friday at high noon.

[youtube]enuOArEfqGo[/youtube]

So spectacular!!! :applause

Dom tells me that there is a mystery guest coming from that side of the pond to join us. I've booked a third room, and I've told them about the Eventbrite registration, so this guest won't be a mystery for long.

For now, put us down for "Mystery Guest". In the meantime, I have a guess who it is, and if I'm right, he's a hell of a rider and lots of fun.

Added one mystery guest to the list.

Right on. :thumbup

Had know idea that Fabio would come on a barf rally. :p

Added one mystery guest to the list.

Right on. :thumbup

Had know idea that Fabio would come on a barf rally. :p

Well, I guessed, and I guessed right. We call him Dutch Peter, and he's another competitor from the 2006 Centopassi. He works in the moto industry, and he guides with a Dutch moto touring company in the summer. He's jazzed to come over and ride in the States. :ride

Awesome to have someone so experienced join us! :Port

:newbie Dutch Peter

Back