• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

A very close call

Have you ever had a tire fail, catastrophically? I have, tube type. Came off the bead at speed (above 70 mph). Not much fun, I was across 2 lanes, came real close to eating it, big time. I've never had it happen on a tubeless type. I have no explanation of why it happened, I replaced the tire and tube after that, just because the failure shook me up pretty good. A 1981 CB900F.

I have not, but fear of it is one reason I m trying to get away from tubed bikes on the street.

I can see how a failure like yours happens if a tube blows, especially with soft beaded tube type tires. I just cant figure out how a damaged carcass could cause tube failure unless there are bits of metal sticking through the inside of the tire. Basically, I can't see how Scott is any worse off even if there is some minor structural damage to his tire since he has a tube in there.

Not arguing, I really am curious what people think will happen.

You're not saying your dad did corndog's mom, are you? :wtf

No .... Were those words said? Any chance you will ever read the words used, and get that message,
instead of inventing different words?

Corndog and I are both machinists, both worked at the same, machinery manufacturing plant (but at different times)....
Knew some of the same people.

That is extremely rare.

Last edited:
Back