• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Animated GIFS (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

lifebuzz-e49c81e180b0e9136d764f29e38c618c-original.gif

first time i saw that gif, i thought that was saltwater taffy spewing at the guy and wondered why he was running away. when i found out it was molten hot steel, i figured that was an appropriate action

It's not steel as you can see a guy walking on it. Also guys working along the log jam to remove it with no protection. I sold pipe drawing lines and believe me you can't get that close to them without hot suits.

Perhaps it's a plastic pipe extrusion line? Still it will be over 300F for extruding and sizing along the run as it cools before sawing to length.

It's not steel as you can see a guy walking on it. Also guys working along the log jam to remove it with no protection. I sold pipe drawing lines and believe me you can't get that close to them without hot suits.

Perhaps it's a plastic pipe extrusion line? Still it will be over 300F for extruding and sizing along the run as it cools before sawing to length.

True, there would be sparks n' shit errwhere, too.

It might not be steel but I don't think it is plastic. It is visibly glowing and fades as it cools. Could it be another metal like Aluminum?

Rev, yeah it's obviously not steel. Yet a guy walks on it and any sane individual in a manufacturing environment wouldn't walk on solidified aluminum as it's likely 700+f.

Consider that the security camera has image capture that is influenced by infrared emissivity that shows the heat much more than a normal camera.
The stuff does get darker as it cools. Ima thinkin it's plastic as evidenced by the general disregard for it's temperature. *even though it's prolly 300+ grees.

At any rate, I'd hit the E stop and GTFO until the shit stops moving!
Then wait for the wtf calls from the top floor which would be from me.

Last edited:
Search "Steel mill cobble" on YouTube. Everything leads me to believe that it is steel. It's not molten (liquid), just super heated.

Back