• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Animated GIFS (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

2y4o14.gif

Cat must have already had a running start

Oh, no. It was watching, but it didn't have to be in motion.

Most cats are lazy and idle and wallow around, even playing in the house.

But when they pounce, they POUNCE! Boy, are they fast.

We had a bird come in the house once.

It fluttered about, around the ceiling, we were trying corral it.

It eventually landed in the corner. Seconds later, that bird was in my cats mouth. My cat was across the room (20'x20' living room). She FLEW across that room, pounced the bird and just shoved it wholesale in to her mouth (it was a finch). There was this cat in the corner, with feathers sticking out of its mouth. "Bird? What bird? I don't know what you're talking about. No bird here. Nope."

There was no running start. She was tracking the bird, but dead still. I had never seen her move so fast. She sailed across the room, around furniture, and just grabbed that bird.

We proceeded to grab the cat, extract the bird, put the cat in the other room, and the bird outside.

As soon, as we opened the room back up that the cat was in, she was in the corner, looking for her bird.

This cat went from domestic to primal in a flash. That bird set off every HUNT, POUNCE, KILL neurotransmitter inside that cat. I think in hindsight, if you were able to ask the cat, they'd say "Huh? What? I don't know. I just lost time. One second I'm on the floor, then next you're dragging some bird out of my mouth." It was a thing to see.

There's a reason folks shouldn't keep Tigers as pets. With big cats, you're the bird.

Mom and Dad's friends , Tynce and Daisy had a parakeet {Gabby} and a cats. We were visiting and I ask Moms friend- Daisy where's Gabby? She call him and Gabby came a walking into the room we were in. I ask Daisy why is Gabby sopping wet. ... O the cat has had him in its mouth and Gabbys covered in the cats drool.

:rofl they took Gabby to Japan: at the airport there was a translator translating for Gabby

... and off he goes to cause more carnage!

That guy needs to stay home.

Can't explain the original crash, but I give him some leeway for wanting to get out of the path of traffic (certainly should look to see if coast is clear). The two up rider didn't appear to be slowing at all...he gets some culpability for collision.

Can't explain the original crash, but I give him some leeway for wanting to get out of the path of traffic (certainly should look to see if coast is clear). The two up rider didn't appear to be slowing at all...he gets some culpability for collision.

Nah... He was running to pick up his sandals or whatever flew off his feet when he rear ended the car.

Back